PDA

View Full Version : recall ended up being pretty painless

tpoltron
09-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Hi There,

Got my axle bolts replaced today. Despite a couple requests from Fiat, I never turned my 500e in. No loaner was going to be as nice to drive or have HOV stickers or a hitch bike rack. I just looked at the axle bolts every couple days. I booked the Creamsicle into Burlingame Fiat and they had a service bay and the parts waiting for me this morning. Only took them an hour - I barely had time to get a coffee from the local cafe. I did call a day in advance to make sure the parts were waiting after reading about some other's experiences. Jeffrey, Harry and the service crew there took good care of me. Now if only the sales guys had been so helpful on the advertised lease deal....

In the end I commend Fiat for quickly recognizing and acting on this axle bolt problem. The only thing I wish they had done better is to communicate what they were finding and their plan in a more timely and consistent manner to their dealers and customers. It is hard for these large companies with complex considerations (legal etc) to appear responsive in this internet age though.

Ciao,
Trent

GasLess
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Glad to hear you had a good experience. What a difference a dealer makes. I should have read the Yelp reviews about my dealer before putting my money down on the 500e at mine. They rate one star, 'cause there ain't no zero stars. :-(

FTY
09-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Good to hear things went smoothly!! I never understood poor service or the scam game, in the end the business looses.

Fiat500USA
09-04-2013, 11:54 PM
I don't get these Studios. Here you have a $2 million facility that has the potential to be a great place to visit, hangout and BUY things. Why can't they take care of people and try to turn a service visit into something like a special occasion. There are a lot of places that do that. The ones that don't need to look into how to do this, but many times the upper levels and owners set the tone at the dealership. Bad customer service is the sure sign of employee abuse and poor working conditions. Really sad...