PDA

View Full Version : Trouble loading site

JoeB
09-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Half the time when I click this site I can't get in. Does anyone else have this problem?

Fiat500USA
09-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Half the time when I click this site I can't get in. Does anyone else have this problem?

What does it do? Load a little or stay blank? When a site starts to act funky you may have a bad cookie, so what I do is try a reboot and if that doesn't work. clear your cookies. You may have to re-enter passwords to sites, so remember that.

Let me know how you make out.

msjulie33
09-04-2013, 10:01 AM

Fine for me on a Mac using Chrome..

JoeB
09-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Sometimes stays blank; sometimes I'll get the homepage, then can't get to a specific thread; sometimes I'll be on the first page of a thread, but can't get to the next one. This is on a PC and a laptop with IE whatever-number-we're-on-now.

msjulie33
09-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Try something not-IE browser to see?

Fiat500USA
09-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Did you try the reboot and clearing cookies? If yes vBulletin has in issue with IE10 (if you are on that). I have a sticky in the "Site News" forum. Basically here is what you do:

Hit the F12 key and then at the top of the page that opens you'll see a tab that says "browser mode" - click on that and there is a dropdown - click IE9 - wait a second for the screen to change and then close the page that popped up. The forum should work normally then. If you close your computer down, you'll have to repeat this.

Or this might be easier: up at the top of your browser where the URL of the site you are on is, there is an icon that says "compatability view" - it is right next to the refresh icon. Try clicking that and see if it works.

There is a patch from vBulletin that came out and I am waiting for the programmer to apply this. I just sent him a reminder.

Let us know how you are making out.

Tweak
09-04-2013, 09:34 PM
This site is so fast it is INSANE! LOVING the upgrade Chris. Fastest site on the internet...lol. :D

I definitely think most are dealing with Internet Explorer 10 (IE10), it comes with Windows 8 and many on Windows 7 sadly upgrade (and a large # have nothing but problems I know FIRST HAND).

Alternative browser FTW.

Fiat500USA
09-04-2013, 11:37 PM
This site is so fast it is INSANE! LOVING the upgrade Chris. Fastest site on the internet...lol. :D

I definitely think most are dealing with Internet Explorer 10 (IE10), it comes with Windows 8 and many on Windows 7 sadly upgrade (and a large # have nothing but problems I know FIRST HAND).

Alternative browser FTW.

Glad that part is working well. I jumped on my other machine that has IE10 and I forgot what a drag that is. I waited while the patch was out a little bit just to make sure they got the bugs out, but now I am waiting for my guy to apply it. After that, then I work on the mobile thing.

I use my laptop mostly and I rolled back to IE9. I should go to another browser, but don't have the time to read up on them and do the upgrade.

JoeB
09-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Of course I posted this, then immediately the site started loading just fine every time without me doing anything. Figures. ;-)

Yes, Windows 8. I recently bought new computers, and they both have it. They generally work pretty well.

Fiat500USA
09-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Of course I posted this, then immediately the site started loading just fine every time without me doing anything. Figures. ;-)

Yes, Windows 8. I recently bought new computers, and they both have it. They generally work pretty well.

Yeah, IE10 issues. Try the work around if there is an issue and hopefully the patch will get applied soon. There was a server upgrade and there was a little funkiness a week or two ago. We were waiting for that to calm down before applying the patch.

Tweak
09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
I've been using the Chromium based browser called Comodo Dragon (free alternative browser of course) and the forum is working great, hope the IE10 patch goes smoothly and resolves problems for those using Win8.