PDA

View Full Version : 500t heading

vinniep
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
There should be a dedicated 500t section. Just easy to navigate instead of searching all the sections.

sfhpawel
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Anything in particular you are looking for?

Until there is something "performance" you "cant" do on a 500T that you can to an Abarth.....then make a request. Other than that stick to the Abarth forums.
If you need help with interior go to the 500 Sport section.

500T= Sport interior + Abarth exterior + Abarth engine :)

The request should be for a 1.4L Multi-air turbo section. Considering the 500L, Abarth, and 500T share the same exact motor. THEN perhaps there could be subcategories for the 3 in which branches off for the minute differences that members would really like to get in to the specifics.

Tweak
09-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You've posted in the right area for it to get noticed, once Chris sees this he may wish to add or change things a bit.

Andree
09-04-2013, 04:12 AM
I've been thinking about categories too. Which may be a touchy subject.

As Fiat continues on in the US, they've begun to offer the variants. Our US GQ model isn't at all the same as the UK GQ, but it's what we got. And we have the Cattiva in two trim levels. One is a Sport, one is a Sport Turbo.

The Sport has it's own distinctive look. The Sport Turbo shares it's look with the Abarth, probably due to the extra turbo goodies that have to fit under the hood.

I'm thinking in terms of what the manufacturer puts on the window sticker. And the Gucci model is a Lounge with an additional package. And the Lounge is a Pop with combined packages.

The Cabriolet has a different windshield, but is otherwise Pop/Lounge or Abarth body style.

500L needs it's own category, as does the 500e. They are significantly different, one due to body style, the other due to engine. They have their own interiors. With the 500L, it has four different types of interiors. And I would hope that those who have a particular interior can help or chat with others with similar interiors.

I don't think Gucci needs it's own section, it could be in with the regular 500s (Pop/Lounge). But it does need it's own section within the regular 500s, as there are specific questions that would only apply to that vehicle. It has a unique interior, seat belts, etc. Same with the Sport model. It has a very different interior, suspension, exterior looks.

Where does the Cattiva go? It's split, between the Sport and the Abarth looking body style. There's one of each.

And the GQ, since it's pure Abarth without the scorpion logo, does it get it's own section within the Abarth area?

It's important to think about the categories now, and plan for the future. There have been many variations of the 500 in other markets. UK Pink and the Barbie editions would go in Pop/Lounge regular area. Matt Black goes in there too, as the European Sports have the Pop/Lounge body. The "bumperettes" if you will. So does the Diesel.

So I'd have to say that splitting the models by looks and by whether or not the engine is turbo charged would be good. That also means splitting the Cattiva duo. I'd rather not see specific forums for every single variation. Many people come looking for information, read only, don't join the forums. They want to find what they're looking for fast. If someone joins, where do they post a picture of their car? Is it obvious, or is it confusing? Obvious in the Abarth forums, with specific color sections.

Someone help me here. Where IS the right place for the Sport and Sport Turbo? Where does it make the most sense? Should the two even share the same name? I've thought sometimes that the Sport model (non-turbo) could have it's own photo area because of the body style and suspension. Sport Turbo should have it's own photo area. Same with each variation that comes out. Under a general heading of Photos/Images.

Photos/Images category
Pop/Lounge (all, both hardtop and convertible, with different threads for each)
Sport
Sport Turbo
Abarth (all)
Prima
Gucci (all)
GQ
Cattiva (all)

This allows for people to find photos of exactly what they want, and to post photos of what they have. It also allows for some chat within threads or shows who has what to contact via message.

And I'd kind of like to add the 500L and the 500e to the photo section too. A whole huge photo area with whatever Fiat offers. The photo area being the place where everyone goes to mix and mingle, to look at or post photos of everything. Fiat will be bringing more models in the coming years. It might be nice to have all the photos of all the styles in one huge general photo category with many sections.

junnyquest
01-23-2014, 10:22 PM
There should be a dedicated 500t section. Just easy to navigate instead of searching all the sections.

Older thread, but +1!!!

I find myself using the search function to find pertinent threads, which brought me back to this one. The car is a hybrid, the offspring of Sport and Abarth parents. To Abarth owners, it's a Sport Turbo and as such should be included in the 'regular' 500 section. Non-turbo owners see the car as an Abarth Lite with pertinent threads belonging in the Abarth section. The result is relatively few 500T threads anywhere. Either way, 500T owners will never feel like they have their own section... until one is actually created.

zyxelenator
01-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Who cares about separate sections, my 500T is faster than most untuned Abarths :)

Evogelion
03-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Who cares about separate sections, my 500T is faster than most untuned Abarths :)

Yeah just throw your 500T stuff in with the Abarths.. its pretty much the same car with less fancy bits on it.
Only thing stopping it from being 500T/Abarth, is the Abarth snobs whining.

Tweak
03-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah just throw your 500T stuff in with the Abarths.. its pretty much the same car with less fancy bits on it.
Only thing stopping it from being 500T/Abarth, is the Abarth snobs whining.

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Maybe not so much since I don't whine/care...plus I have had the pleasure to meet and hang out with this guy and his significant other and enjoyed their company! They are welcome anywhere they wanna be as far as I am concerned. :D

Evogelion
03-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Hey! I resemble that remark.

Maybe not so much since I don't whine/care...plus I have had the pleasure to meet and hang out with this guy and his significant other and enjoyed their company! They are welcome anywhere they wanna be as far as I am concerned. :D

I'm just cranky so I apologize, I need coffee!

Tweak
03-10-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm just cranky so I apologize, I need coffee!

No worries buddy, enjoy your caffeine!!!

(I don't drink coffee so can't relate)