PDA

View Full Version : Side Windows Issues

shabba
09-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I see there are a few threads that have addressed the various issues with the side windows, but I seem to be having them all. My drivers window thumps when I'm rolling it down and it's at the bottom of the door. When the window is up all the way, there is a rattle that sounds like metal on glass. It seems to make this noise more during warm days than any other time. Also of note is that both side windows have begun to streak. I can clean the windows, both sides, let them dry and within a day, roll them down and back up again and have a streak of oily residue on the inside of the glass. This occurs on both windows.

I've also seen this thread : http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11254-TSB-23-029-13-Side-Glass-Inoperable

I took my car to my studio last Thursday for a Virginia State Inspection. While there, I wanted them to address these issues and the armrest which was making noise as well. My adviser pointed out the above TSB and, once the inspection was done, sent the car home with me. They are ordering new glass and mechanisms for both sides as well as a new armrest. The parts should be here this coming Friday.

It seems drastic to order all new glass. Is this the norm?

VTEC Mini
09-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Mine has been doing this for months and it took my dealer 4 times to figure it out. They are not replacing the glass though, just the regulator.

b56.1m6
09-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Shabba, my window is fine but the armrest makes this snap or clicking noise is this something others are hearing?

jguerdat
09-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Maybe the glass has started to scratch?

Fiat500USA
09-04-2013, 02:29 PM
I see there are a few threads that have addressed the various issues with the side windows, but I seem to be having them all. My drivers window thumps when I'm rolling it down and it's at the bottom of the door. When the window is up all the way, there is a rattle that sounds like metal on glass. It seems to make this noise more during warm days than any other time. Also of note is that both side windows have begun to streak. I can clean the windows, both sides, let them dry and within a day, roll them down and back up again and have a streak of oily residue on the inside of the glass. This occurs on both windows.

I've also seen this thread : http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11254-TSB-23-029-13-Side-Glass-Inoperable

I took my car to my studio last Thursday for a Virginia State Inspection. While there, I wanted them to address these issues and the armrest which was making noise as well. My adviser pointed out the above TSB and, once the inspection was done, sent the car home with me. They are ordering new glass and mechanisms for both sides as well as a new armrest. The parts should be here this coming Friday.

Checked and the bulletin says to order a new glass assembly and a glass run/weatherstrip assembly.

VTEC Mini
09-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Checked and the bulletin says to order a new glass assembly and a glass run/weatherstrip assembly.
It seems my dealer is taking the lazy road...... again. I would get fired from my job if I was this lazy.

lower byhalia
09-06-2014, 08:39 PM
hmmmmm.
I periodically have the same problem, thinking it was trash wedged somehow in the glass run weatherstrip.