PDA

View Full Version : We are Dashcam Source, newest addition to the vendor forums. Hello from California!

dashcamsource
09-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Hello Fiat500USA!

Who are we?
We are Dashcam Source - an official U.S. reseller and product expert of quality dashcams based in Northern California (Bay Area). My name is Eva, and I own this business with my husband, Tim. Both of us are the type of car nut who cringes at the sight of another car pulling into a parking spot next to ours, fearing the worst whenever someone else swings open their car door. As it is, even we didn't know why anyone would need a dashboard camera (dashcam, in short) until it was too late.

When my Fiat Abarth was just 5 months old, I came out of the house one morning to find that someone had backed into my drivers side door and drove away. It's true that a dashcam wouldn't have prevented the accident, but it certainly would have helped me get closure if I had 1. Found out who was at fault and/or 2. Held the driver responsible for their action while protecting my wallet. Since I had no video proof to identify the culprit, I spent $1,500 for someone else's bad judgement. Remembering the memory is still... painful.

(Thumbnail - click to enlarge)

What are we bringing to Fiat500USA?
Top quality dashcam products and expertise. We're here to spread the message of dashcams, introduce our dashcam lineup (from $69.99 - $320.00, we have one for everyone), offer Fiat500USA-exclusive discounts and group buys, and generally be present to answer any questions.

What is a dashcam?
A video recorder that is mounted inside your car (generally behind the rearview mirror), facing outwards. It draws a small amount of power from your car's battery and constantly records footage onto an SD card while you are driving and/or parked. Once the memory card is full, the dashcam automatically overwrites the oldest file. A dashcam is a simple plug-and-play device, and some of its versatile uses include:

Recording other drivers' behavior in case of collisions or road incidents
Monitoring new or young drivers for driving education
Capturing hit and run culprits
Having solid, irrefutable evidence in case you are wrongfully blamed
Saving you time and money
Do you track or autoX? A dashcam is great for doubling as a driver's camera!
Have a commercial or work vehicle/ fleet? Protect your interests and your business' property

How will we be selling our products?
We mainly run our sales through our website: www.dashcamsource.com
Depending on the level of interest, we could also start group buys from time to time.

Questions? Here's how to reach us

Reply to the thread - and we'll reply to you here!
PM us - I'm still figuring out the best way to catch and respond ASAP to PMs, so the best way to reach us privately (for now) is to email us. But if you do PM us, we will be checking PMs as frequently as we can remember :)
support@dashcamsource.com - we always reply within 24 hours to any messages received here

And so it begins....
We will be making our first product introduction post very soon. Keep an eye out for it!

Before we wrap up, we want to give a quick shout out to Chris (Fiat500USA), who has made the sponsorship/ vendor sign-up process simple by answering all our questions fully and promptly. Now that's what we call awesome service! We're glad to be here!

Cheers,
Eva

P.S. - This is me and Veloce, my 2012 Abarth.
http://i.imgur.com/Gn2mHyR.jpg?1 (http://imgur.com/Gn2mHyR)

Fiat500USA
09-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Welcome Eva! Glad to have you here and thanks for the kind words. I can see this being a great product to have, especially for those who race and autocross or when leaving your car somewhere. I always circle the lot for a decent place to park, but as we all know, someone always will park on top of you. Where I work, people's cars are always getting backed into and then the person splits. A dashcam could come in handy...

trevc
09-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the forum! Great to see new vendors here.

FTY
09-03-2013, 01:05 PM
+1 Welcome aboard!!

JackandSue
09-03-2013, 01:39 PM
very interesting great product for our forum.

Robert Nixon
09-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks for supporting the forum, and WELCOME!

Kurumi
09-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Welcome, glad to see another vendor here supporting the community.

dashcamsource
09-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Some product details to come soon in the Vendors forum... stay tuned!

dashcamsource
09-23-2013, 03:02 AM
Our first vendor post is up! Come by and check it out biggrinparty

Dashcam Source: an intro to dashcams and a Fiat 500 USA special sale (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11941-Dashcam-Source-an-intro-to-dashcams-and-a-Fiat-500-USA-special-sale)