PDA

View Full Version : My new Black and Tan 500L

bkn42
09-01-2013, 10:39 PM
A few quick pictures of my new 500L:

(The interior shot is with a fish-eye lens.)

I hope to post more pictures soon.

Robert Nixon
09-01-2013, 11:16 PM
nice!

Andree
09-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Oh yesssssss. It looks so good!

Bonus points for finding a building where you could view the reflection of the top of the car from the side.

I'll hope that the building was designed that way and that you didn't just happen to catch snapshots as the building was falling...on your new 500L!

That is definitely my fav. combo.

bkn42
09-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Oh yesssssss. It looks so good!

Bonus points for finding a building where you could view the reflection of the top of the car from the side.

I'll hope that the building was designed that way and that you didn't just happen to catch snapshots as the building was falling...on your new 500L!

That is definitely my fav. combo.

Yes, the building is interesting. Think of a glass pyramid turned upside down and the point stuck in the ground -- that's how this building is shaped. Its a bank and was closed today (Sunday); so, I had no problem parking in the drive-up to snap a few pictures.

Andree
09-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Yes, the building is interesting. Think of a glass pyramid turned upside down and the point stuck in the ground -- that's how this building is shaped. Its a bank and was closed today (Sunday); so, I had no problem parking in the drive-up to snap a few pictures.

No parking next to that building if it's windy. heh

So are you turning some heads? People asking you about your car? How does it fare in the heat?

I totally admire that combination and will never understand Fiat. They offered Mocha Latte for the regular 500, but had no interior even close to what you have, with the black over tan. They did have all black, and that was cool. On the convertible they had tan, black, or red for tops. So you could sort of get the black over tan vibe.

I would have liked it if they'd offered the black or white/ivory over tan interior, in cloth and in leather (or vegan leather/vinyl/plastic). With the convertible top matching the seat tops. Or with the painted top. Like the new Cattiva has a painted black top. And if you had the black painted roof, there could be the option for the sunroof too. Wheels to match the roof if people wanted them.

I like the spoke wheels on yours, I wanted something similar on my regular 500. Couldn't find a car with them when I was ready to buy.

I just can't get over how good your car looks, inside and out.

Whoops, at that is a picture of a regular 500 dash in Mocha Latte with the Ivory accent.

bkn42
09-03-2013, 12:47 AM
No parking next to that building if it's windy. heh

So are you turning some heads? People asking you about your car? How does it fare in the heat?

I totally admire that combination and will never understand Fiat. They offered Mocha Latte for the regular 500, but had no interior even close to what you have, with the black over tan. They did have all black, and that was cool. On the convertible they had tan, black, or red for tops. So you could sort of get the black over tan vibe.

I would have liked it if they'd offered the black or white/ivory over tan interior, in cloth and in leather (or vegan leather/vinyl/plastic). With the convertible top matching the seat tops. Or with the painted top. Like the new Cattiva has a painted black top. And if you had the black painted roof, there could be the option for the sunroof too. Wheels to match the roof if people wanted them.

I like the spoke wheels on yours, I wanted something similar on my regular 500. Couldn't find a car with them when I was ready to buy.

I just can't get over how good your car looks, inside and out.

No one has talk to me about the car, yet (have not driven it much except for Sunday). I did get a lot of looks when I was shooting a few pics at the bank -- but they might have been looking at the strange guy taking pictures more than the car. :)

So far, the black top has not been a problem with heat -- it has been cooler since its the rainy season here, though. The black top does show off dust quite well! But, I know that would be true. I dusted the car today and took the following picture (it was overcast today -- no blinding glares off the shiny car):

Andree
09-03-2013, 03:37 AM
No one has talk to me about the car, yet (have not driven it much except for Sunday). I did get a lot of looks when I was shooting a few pics at the bank -- but they might have been looking at the strange guy taking pictures more than the car. :)

So far, the black top has not been a problem with heat -- it has been cooler since its the rainy season here, though. The black top does show off dust quite well! But, I know that would be true. I dusted the car today and took the following picture (it was overcast today -- no blinding glares off the shiny car):

Well, if you're a strange guy, no one approaches. heh.

The colors fit with nature in that photo.

People will be checking it out. Although not everyone is obvious or approaches the driver. I've had quite a few people approach me and my regular 500, both men and women, younger and older. I'm a woman, and it's only when I'm "presentable" so it may be non-threatening.

I remember taking a break between the grocery store and another store, sitting down, where I could see my car. But no one knew it was mine. That's when you can see people checking it out. Totally casual, walking by, glancing in. To the looking at the car from a few angles and looking in the front and the back. Hopefully they're not all thieves. LOL.

adam42
11-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Very nice looking indeed, like the color combo.

superchan7
12-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Nice Mocha Latte! Seems like the Tan interior is relatively rare. All the 500Ls at my dealer were just the gray/black. We also found and bought an Easy with the rare red-accented interior.

You've got some nice roads in AZ. Happy motoring!