PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hi... from Chile

fito
09-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Hello friends. My real name is Matas... but here im "fito" (its the nickname for fiat in spanish). Well, im from Chile (sorry for my bad english) and I have had three Fiat until now.
My first Fiat was a Uno Trend 1.5 (1993), made in Brazil. Then, i changed it for a Palio Sport 2010.

And now Im the owner of a 2012 500 Sport, made in Poland. Here in Chile the sport version has those kind of wheels, but ive been thinking in change it for the Abarth version wheels:

I hope to enjoy in this forum and learn about this wonderfuls cars.

Andree
09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi there, hola, come on in! Love the yellow. I enjoy seeing the variations from different countries. Could we see your interior too? The seats, the dash, the cargo area.

Your English is much better than my Spanish and Portuguese. The more you practice writing, the better you become.

There are many kinds of Abarth wheels around the world. What kind did you like the best?

JackandSue
09-01-2013, 07:13 PM
I hear Chile has just started an awesome auto cross program hope you get to check it out.

fito
09-01-2013, 08:41 PM
here are some photos of the interior, which is different than the USAs version. The buttons to move the windows are shaped differently, and the steering wheel has other buttons, I think.
USB connector isnt in the glove compartment, but near the handbrake. The other difference is that there are more places to leave things.

The polish sport version has a 1.4L 100 hp engine, which is call "Fire". The gear shift has 6 speeds.

I just have this photo of the seats. They are made from leather and fabric (is that the correct word?):

And i would like to install the european Abarth wheels. The first ones... and paint it black. xxrotflmao

This version of 500 is sold, in his basic version, with: 7 airbags, ABS + EBD, ESP, ASR, air conditioned, leather seats and the 1.4L engine... and other stuff.

Andree
09-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Oooh, like the spot on the driver's left side for little things.

I think the seats are the same or very similar to the US Sport. But the US Sport doesn't have a 6-speed.

Yes, the correct word is fabric.

Black wheels would look nice with the yellow and black car. You could have the wheels painted, they would look like these wheels:
http://www.fiat500usa.com/2011/12/fiat-500-byabarth-package.html

Several people here have used some kind of product that is removable, "plasti-dip" I think. You could ask around about it, see if it's good for wheels.

And then you could add a silver wheel rim protector, like these:
http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?category_id=&route=product%2Fsearch&keyword=wheel+rim+protector&category_id=0&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Fiat500USA
09-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forum fito! Glad to have you here! Here is a link for your enjoyment to a story I did on the Tychy factory in Poland that made your car. Inside the Fiat 500 factory... (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2010/08/inside-fiat-500-factory.html)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2LQP0Lg1V8o/UiP461YY32I/AAAAAAAASWw/grk9juZcf6E/s640/Fiat500USA-Fiat_500_Final.jpg

Tweak
09-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Congrats on another FIAT for you and welcome to the forum!

babelhoo
09-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi Fito, a neighbor here from Bs.As.! we got the Polish 500 (in very small numbers) in 2008/9, then since 2011 we get the Mexican version (at a much better price due to tax agreements with Mexico), unfortunately only the normal versions, the Mex cabrio started a couple of months ago and we get only the polish Abarth (135CV), do you get the Abarth there? (no turbo or Mex Abarth :( )
I love my Mex Sport but envy your 6 speed manual! I guess as this version was done with the US market in mind, Fiat put a 6 speed for the auto, but didnt care much for the manual. At "high" speeds (high for the 500 at least!) a 6th gear would relax the little motor, but then again, it's a little Italian car (built in Poland or Mexico :) ), so, it HAS to have some flaws!