PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone doing in here? Cars back???

Andree
08-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Checking in! I see several people are getting their cars back, shouldn't be too long for everyone else. And hopefully all those on waiting lists will get their calls soon after!

I see there are 500e get-togethers being organized, and sharing info of nearest chargers. Excellent.

I really don't use the Google+, and haven't spent enough time on it to know what is what. I appreciate invitations, but I won't be able to go to gatherings. I don't get out much. And, I don't have a lovely 500e!

I love looking for the cars. I love to get things going in the forums so people have something to do, to read, to reply to when they are looking for their own 500e or first get their 500e. Without those things, there's not a lot to do, if you're the only one there. LOL.

I haven't been seeing articles lately. There won't be any test drive/reviews until all the cars are back on the road. Not much to post about. Just waiting for the fix kits.

How's everyone been handling the wait? Want to chat about your rental car? heh. Or how glad you are to get back your 500e after having a completely different car to drive around?

dichiee
08-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Our E has been in the dealer for almost a week now and all we have is a silver/smelly interior pop :( I hope they get this done soon. We should get an electric loaner too so we don't have to pay gas hehe

Andree
08-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Our E has been in the dealer for almost a week now and all we have is a silver/smelly interior pop :( I hope they get this done soon. We should get an electric loaner too so we don't have to pay gas hehe

The smelly interior is not part of the factory options. LOL!

Does your dealer have an estimate on when your car might be done? It doesn't take long once they get the parts.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, come on in, pull up a chair, make yourself at home! Plenty of 500e people here!

500eee
08-31-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty disheartened... first, the cars were not shipped when they said they would be (late by months), they don't seem to make the models they've been showing/giving to the press to test drive (only about one out of every 40 seem to be outfitted with the eSport trim and a sunroof). Then a bunch of dealers start charging extra for the cars and the leases are rare to find at the advertised rate. And now this.

I'm ready to buy, am in a decent position on a wait list ($500 deposit), but I'm loosing that giddy feeling I had. It's embarrassing when people ask, for the 100th time, "where's that cool car you were supposed to get???"

I'm looking at used Lotus Elises again. If the right one comes along, I'll probably just get it. However, if a Grigio 500e with a sunroof in eSport trim is ever made and happens to be unspoken for, then I'd be happy to pay full price, but not a penny more.

I'm not holding my breath... :sulkiness:

Franke760
08-31-2013, 01:52 PM
After throwing a fit with the dealer and especially Fiat Customer Care, I got my car back on Thursday. My dealer still had no parts as of Thursday, however, cars were being repaired and going home at another dealer about 30 miles away. This upset me enough to do something about it. After going round and round, I got FCC to transfer parts "kits" to my dealer. I picked up my car at 5:30pm and couldn't be happier. Also, my service advisor was very happy with my persistence as they also transferred 3 extra kits to fix 3 additional cars. They will just transfer kits back to the sending dealer when they finally get theirs. Why is this so difficult? I was calling both dealers and FCC like crazy until I got it done. I wasn't going to take no for an answer. Why can't they advocate for us this way? Frustrating!

I had a little Fiat 500 Turbo for my rental, which was alright. Still fun to drive, but not the same as the 500e. It's much zippier, and the suspension is a lot smoother. Was SO AWESOME to get behind the wheel of my car again!

Also, I had them pay for my gas, and will also get a pro rated lease credit.

Good luck to everyone!

Andree
08-31-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty disheartened... first the car was not delivered when they said it would be (late by months), they don't seem to make the models they've been showing/giving to the press to test drive (only about one out of every 40 seem to be outfitted with the eSport trim and a sunroof). Then a bunch of dealers start charging extra for the cars and the leases are rare to find at the advertised rate. And now this.

I'm ready to buy, am in a decent position on a wait list ($500 deposit), but I'm loosing that giddy feeling I had. It's embarrassing when people ask, for the 100th time, "where's that cool car you were supposed to get???"

I'm looking at used Lotus Elises again. If the right one comes along, I'll probably just get it. However, if a Grigio 500e with a sunroof in eSport trim is ever made and happens to be unspoken for, then I'd be happy to pay full price, but not a penny more.

I'm not holding my breath... :sulkiness:

Awww, no pouting. I did a quick check and do see vehicles in transit to just about every So Cal dealer. Not spotting eSports offhand, but seeing vehicles in transit is a good thing!

I'm still guessing there could a problem sourcing one of the parts for the eSport. And there are no other cars to swipe those parts from. No other car has the orange mirror covers, stripes, wheel accents. And I'm not sure if the 500e darkened lights are the same as the Turbo or the new Sport Cattiva.

Without one or more of the special parts, it's not an eSport. They aren't going to ship out "almost eSports" to dealers. Like with two eSport wheels, one darkened headlamp, no mirror covers and a stripe for one side. LOL!!!

Still pullin' for ya, hoping that Grigio eSport arrives soon!

Andree
08-31-2013, 03:32 PM
After throwing a fit with the dealer and especially Fiat Customer Care, I got my car back on Thursday. My dealer still had no parts as of Thursday, however, cars were being repaired and going home at another dealer about 30 miles away. This upset me enough to do something about it. After going round and round, I got FCC to transfer parts "kits" to my dealer. I picked up my car at 5:30pm and couldn't be happier. Also, my service advisor was very happy with my persistence as they also transferred 3 extra kits to fix 3 additional cars. They will just transfer kits back to the sending dealer when they finally get theirs. Why is this so difficult? I was calling both dealers and FCC like crazy until I got it done. I wasn't going to take no for an answer. Why can't they advocate for us this way? Frustrating!

I had a little Fiat 500 Turbo for my rental, which was alright. Still fun to drive, but not the same as the 500e. It's much zippier, and the suspension is a lot smoother. Was SO AWESOME to get behind the wheel of my car again!

Also, I had them pay for my gas, and will also get a pro rated lease credit.

Good luck to everyone!

Yes, saw your post about considering transferring your car to the other dealer, just to get it fixed! You did good, being persistent, and getting the dealers to share parts.

Those parts kits are in short supply at the moment, and it's got to be hard for the dealer with the kits to share. Then again, if you put yourself in all the positions, it's good to share. Because it could have been the dealer with the kits was the dealer without the kits, and had many customers waiting. Spread out the kits, and each dealer gets to fix a few cars, and has a few customers happy to get their cars back.

Hope everyone gets the pro-rated lease credit. That seems fair.