PDA

View Full Version : Buy now, or wait?

Lou Caputo
08-30-2013, 10:18 PM
I've found a Bianco Abarth with the features I want at my local studio. I've taken it for 2 test drives, and I think it's the one for me. The Studio is having a Labor Day weekend sale and are taking $3,000 off the MSRP, which sounds pretty darn good to me. But, I've got to wonder, with the summer coming to an end and the 2014's about to come out, do you think I might see a greater discount if I wait? I'm not sure I have the patience to do it, but to save $$$, who knows?

Abarth619
08-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Pretty much all of your concerns have been addressed in this recent thread. BTW if you see the one you want buy it now, I can guarantee it won't be there by the time you make up your mind. Good luck. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11430-HELP-!-!-Do-I-wait-for-2014-Abarth

Robert Nixon
08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Offer them $500 less and see what they say.
Otherwise, just buy it already.

JoeB
08-30-2013, 10:51 PM
$3000 off a pretty sweet. You'd never see that around here where these things are being snapped up as 3rd or 4th cars by people with deep pockets. Buy it!

Abarth619
08-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah $3000 off is pretty great. I was only able to get $2000 off, but they gave me a great trade in offer for my FJ and threw in a clear bra. :) If there is one piece of advice I can offer its to get the clear bra negotiated in with the price. It will save you a lot of these. :(

JoeB
08-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah $3000 off is pretty great. I was only able to get $2000 off, but they gave me a great trade in offer for my FJ and threw in a clear bra. :) If there is one piece of advice I can offer its to get the clear bra negotiated in with the price. It will save you a lot of these. :(

I just paid $800 for a front-and-rear clear bra. I didn't think to negotiate for one at the dealer because I'd never heard of them! I found out a week after buying. ;)

Lou Caputo
08-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Pretty much all of your concerns have been addressed in this recent thread. BTW if you see the one you want buy it now, I can guarantee it won't be there by the time you make up your mind. Good luck. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11430-HELP-!-!-Do-I-wait-for-2014-Abarth

I saw that thread, but I was more looking for opinions on whether anyone thought I might do better than $3000 off MSRP on a 2013 once the 2014's came out. Perhaps my phrasing was poor.

Lou Caputo
08-31-2013, 10:14 AM

I saw that post, but I was actually wondering if anyone thought I might get a discount better than $3000 once the 2014's were introduced. I mean, I KNOW all manufacturers discount the leftover vehicles from the last model year, but I was curious if anyone had any experience last year buying a 2012 when the 2013's came out.

And thanks for allofo the great input gang.

Andree
08-31-2013, 11:54 AM
I've found a Bianco Abarth with the features I want at my local studio. I've taken it for 2 test drives, and I think it's the one for me. The Studio is having a Labor Day weekend sale and are taking $3,000 off the MSRP, which sounds pretty darn good to me. But, I've got to wonder, with the summer coming to an end and the 2014's about to come out, do you think I might see a greater discount if I wait? I'm not sure I have the patience to do it, but to save $$$, who knows?

You "think it's the one for you"? What is holding you back?

Yes, there will be sales. Yes, there will undoubtedly be cars for less, somewhere, at some time in the future. That is a given. As to the location of the car that will be available for less, I don't know.

When I was looking for my car (a regular 500), around the same time last year, I did indeed find incredible deals...hundreds of miles away. And I had a trade. I did NOT find the same deals locally. If I had found one for 3,000 off locally, I would have bought it then.

You're lucky to have found what you want in a nearby dealer. It's the weekend now, so go get your car!

littlejohn
09-03-2013, 10:51 PM
My take coming off just buying one is if it has a number options maybe you may see more discount, if it's more of a base vehicle at $3K off it will be gone shortly.

Lou Caputo
09-04-2013, 08:23 AM
My take coming off just buying one is if it has a number options maybe you may see more discount, if it's more of a base vehicle at $3K off it will be gone shortly.

I think you're 100% correct regarding the discount on Abarths with more options. The one I want is a very simple base model with a sunroof. No stripes, very plain. Unfortunately, I worked all Labor Day weekend, so I missed the sale...but, if the online inventory is correct, my car is still there. One way or the other, I'll get one. I've got the fever.

ksig421
09-04-2013, 08:48 AM
I would recommend buying it now, but since you missed the sale I would go to the dealer and see if they will still honor the discount. My bet is they will want to make the sale and cut you a deal that is very similar.

Lou Caputo
09-05-2013, 01:23 PM
I would recommend buying it now, but since you missed the sale I would go to the dealer and see if they will still honor the discount. My bet is they will want to make the sale and cut you a deal that is very similar.

I was thinking that I missed the sale (and the one I want is still in their inventory), and the 2014'2 come out in October, they'll probably wheel & deal to clear out the 2013's. Around here (Tampa Bay area) you really don't see ANY Abarths, so I think my chances are pretty good.

Chico Valdez
09-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Hey Lou,
There are a lot of 'em in the Central Florida area, and they don't seem to be moving real fast. I've been watching the prices, and the dealers are getting motivated. I think they'll work with you.
South Fl still seems high though.

Lou Caputo
09-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Hey Lou,
There are a lot of 'em in the Central Florida area, and they don't seem to be moving real fast. I've been watching the prices, and the dealers are getting motivated. I think they'll work with you.
South Fl still seems high though.

Funny you should post that today! I've been inundated with calls from a studio near Orlando! I checked their inventory on line, and I've gotten 2 emails and 3 calls! My local studio has quite a few cars in stock, but they're not nearly as aggressive to sell them. Might be worth the drive!

Razer500
09-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I just purchased a dead basic Rosso Abarth two weeks ago. I had to drive to a dealer I'd never been to, and it was close to two hours all told one way. Totally worth it, 19k even for the car, then tax and that was it. I'm thrilled, and loving the car!

I had been to the two dealers that are close to me, only an hour away the other direction, but never found anything below 22k. For me the drive was worth it. 28 miles on it after my test drive was over, and they had three of the four colors for me to pick from at the same price! Grey was more due to not having a dead basic model, so I picked Red.

Lou Caputo
09-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I took the wife to the studio today to check out the Abraths. We test drove the bianco w/sunroof that I've been eyeing (yep, still there), and she liked it fine enough. But, when we got back to the lot, she mentioned that she thought it was kind of plain, and that if I was going to get a small Italian sports car, it should be flashier, like red or black. When asked her preference between them, she said the rosso with black stripes was her favorite, which works, because the have a few. My only issue is that the only red one with the sunroof I want also has leather seats, climate control, SiriusXM and 17" wheels, all of which I wasn't really looking for, largely because it's a 3rd vehicle, and it drives up the price by $4K. Can I swing it? Sure. But, is it worth it? A personal choice I know, but does anyone have any compelling reasons why any of those extras are "must haves"?

Thanks in advance.

Tweak
09-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I took the wife to the studio today to check out the Abraths. We test drove the bianco w/sunroof that I've been eyeing (yep, still there), and she liked it fine enough. But, when we got back to the lot, she mentioned that she thought it was kind of plain, and that if I was going to get a small Italian sports car, it should be flashier, like red or black. When asked her preference between them, she said the rosso with black stripes was her favorite, which works, because the have a few. My only issue is that the only red one with the sunroof I want also has leather seats, climate control, SiriusXM and 17" wheels, all of which I wasn't really looking for, largely because it's a 3rd vehicle, and it drives up the price by $4K. Can I swing it? Sure. But, is it worth it? A personal choice I know, but does anyone have any compelling reasons why any of those extras are "must haves"?

Thanks in advance.

I intend to keep my car long term but I figure resale is higher (just in case) with more options and I enjoy the seats and climate control, the 17in wheels I think look much nicer and Sirius is all I have listened to for the past 2 years. (One year in the former Sport and almost one with the Abarth currently).

Resale sucks so anything I can squeak out of the car IF it gets traded is good to me but you'll need to consider if you plan to own it long or short term and if the $4K is worth it now because it won't be but about $400 in a few years.

Disclaimer: $4K/$400 is NOT actual #'s but used as an example...hehe. ;)

Lou Caputo
09-08-2013, 07:29 PM
I intend to keep my car long term but I figure resale is higher (just in case) with more options and I enjoy the seats and climate control, the 17in wheels I think look much nicer and Sirius is all I have listened to for the past 2 years. (One year in the former Sport and almost one with the Abarth currently).

Resale sucks so anything I can squeak out of the car IF it gets traded is good to me but you'll need to consider if you plan to own it long or short term and if the $4K is worth it now because it won't be but about $400 in a few years.

Disclaimer: $4K/$400 is NOT actual #'s but used as an example...hehe. ;)

Good points. I've noticed that these cars take a HUGE hit when you drive them off the lot, but I can't think about what's gonna happen when I trade/sell it. I'm thinking about the time I'll be driving it, and what'll make that even better for me!dancingsmiliesdancingsmiliesdancingsmiliesdanci ngsmilies

Tweak
09-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Good points. I've noticed that these cars take a HUGE hit when you drive them off the lot, but I can't think about what's gonna happen when I trade/sell it. I'm thinking about the time I'll be driving it, and what'll make that even better for me!dancingsmiliesdancingsmiliesdancingsmiliesdanci ngsmilies

I like that way of thinking and it is how I roll as well. Not everyone does so going for the better options seems for me at least ideal cause I do in fact enjoy them!

Hope the reply helps but honestly I really wanted to see more bouncing green smilies...lol.

JoeB
09-09-2013, 01:32 AM
I went for an Abarth Cabrio with climate control, Beats and Sirius XM. The ragtop and those options were important to me because I don't like to spend a bunch of money on a new car, then later regret I didn't get the goodies I wanted. I don't like leather in a convertible - plus the leather seemed even harder than the already-not-so-cushy cloth seats in these cars - and I'll be replacing the stock 16-inch wheels with aftermarket, so I was good without that stuff. The rest was a necessity, especially Sirius XM. I'm used to listening to cable news simulcasts in my car, and there was no way I was giving that up when I traded my Chevy HHR SS.

Lou Caputo
09-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Well, I want to thank everyone for their insight and advice. I changed my mind on the color, and I put a deposit down on a Nero Abarth. For whatever reason, I just found the black to be the perfect combination of sporty and sophisticated. The one I'm getting has leather, SiriusXM, climate control and a sunroof. I went up a bit in price, but I know I'll be happy with my ride for a long time. Best of all, the studio honored the labor day sale pricing and gave me $3,000.00 off the sticker, which is a good deal from what I've read here.

Thanks again. Picking it up Wednesday, so pictures to follow soon after.

Tweak
09-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Well, I want to thank everyone for their insight and advice. I changed my mind on the color, and I put a deposit down on a Nero Abarth. For whatever reason, I just found the black to be the perfect combination of sporty and sophisticated. The one I'm getting has leather, SiriusXM, climate control and a sunroof. I went up a bit in price, but I know I'll be happy with my ride for a long time. Best of all, the studio honored the labor day sale pricing and gave me $3,000.00 off the sticker, which is a good deal from what I've read here.

Great news! Congrats and if you decide to mod it you'll find it is another car all together, fun stock and easily made way more fun with a few mods. ;)

JoeB
09-10-2013, 12:00 AM

Sweet! I went down the same path, my friend. I was diggin' a Bianco Abarth, but when it came time to sign on the dotted line I found that Nero fit me better, for the reasons you specified. And yes, 3G off is a very good deal. Enjoy!

Lou Caputo
09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, it's done. I picked up my new Nero Abarth this morning, and what a joy it is to drive. I have to say, that this might have been this best buying experience I've ever had! Not only were the people at my studio (Fiat of Clearwater, FL) awesome to deal with, I got $3K off MSRP AND 0% financing. These guys want to move cars! Again, thanks for everyone's help and insight. I hope that I can return the favor one day.

ABARTH TAMER
09-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Congrats, enjoy!

trevc
09-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Congratulations - Nero was the right choice!

b56.1m6
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Sweet! Enjoy it you bought the fastest color LOL!

Fiat500USA
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Wow, great deal! Congratulations!

Tweak
09-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Sweet! You're going to have so much fun we will barely see you posting for awhile...hard to put these things in park sometimes! :D