PDA

View Full Version : SoCal spotted thread

stratofortress
08-30-2013, 12:18 PM
How do we not have one of these yet?

Anyways, surprisingly haven't seen that many A500s but a good amount of Bianco and Verde Chiaro Pops, with other random colors thrown in (mmm Rame) and a 500e once!

Finally played with my first A500 on the 405N yesterday: Nero under Nero stripes and hyper 17s. If you're on here...nice 4th gear pull dude :)

Anyways, it was my first experience hearing our toys WOT from outside the cabin in high gear and couldn't believe how awesome (re: loud) it sounds - I <3 this car.

Abarth Phreak
08-30-2013, 11:41 PM
I saw a Grigio Abarth rolling up through Santa Monica on PCH yesterday. He was right at my right side as if he wanted to race. So I said what the heck...dropped the hammer and he stayed with me the entire time. Man it was a nice lookin and fasssttt car!!! That's when I realized it was my reflection in the business windows the whole time!!!:excitement:

I know I got you again Shaggie!

Abarth Phreak
08-30-2013, 11:43 PM
On a serious note, this thread can be a lot of fun...just gotta try to remember plate numbers when possible.

500cSquirrel
08-31-2013, 03:19 AM
I spotted a blue 500c with a tan top on Ramona Expressway last week in Perris. I was the Rame 500c going the other way!!! I flashed and waived but at 65 both ways it was hard to tell if the other 500c driver noticed. Only other 500c I've seen out this way....

ReconTopher
08-31-2013, 09:50 AM
I've seen that blue 500C before. A few weeks ago we were coming back from Mammoth headed to Temecula and I spotted it, great color. I would of bought that if it was available for Abarth.

drphil
10-10-2013, 04:38 AM
bump

Abarth Phreak
10-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Spotted a white Abarth with red graphics driven by a young guy off of Rose Avenue in Oxnard (In Chic-Fil-A parking lot). I typically do not really "wave" but will acknowledge if waved at, which I did. Whoever you were...you were so excited to see me with your big smile and wave. I could tell you wanted to stop and chat, but sorry, my brakes are not working right now. :onthego:

stratofortress
11-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Wow, I saw 2 A500s this weekend roaming the Santa Monica streets! One black cab with red caps and stripes and a hardtop with red trim as well, and commandeered by a female.

Then I got pulled over for playing with my phone with the car running and no front plate. The end.

stratofortress
01-23-2014, 12:08 AM
Grigio with red trim on Wilshire this past Saturday night.

Dude gunned it hard approaching Bev Hills lolz.

Abarth Phreak
01-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Then I got pulled over for playing with my phone with the car running and no front plate. The end. Game...overrrrr!!!!

Abarth Phreak
01-23-2014, 12:53 AM
I see 500s all the time...but have not seen an Abarth in Ventura County for some time now. I guess I scared them all outta town!

stratofortress
01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Game...overrrrr!!!!Not quite. The cop let me off with a warning on the phone ticket since I didn't BS him :) I did get tagged for the front plate though.

Then I took it back off as soon as I got the ticket signed off.