PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with rattle

Seafarer61
08-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Fellas, my tiny terror has developed one hell of an annoying rattle which seems to be coming from the area where the right rear speaker is located, adjacent to the rear seat. It's either there or buried somewhere between the B pillar seat belt assembly area and that speaker area but my hunch is it's behind the plastic where the speaker is located. Question. I see where there is an indention around the plastic area which houses the speaker and I'm curious if anyone has pulled that out and if so, what did it require? Screwdriver around the lip? I'm fairly certain once I get that piece off, I can then tighten up whatever is rattling inside there. It only happens when the car is moving at 65 mph or more, strangely enough.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2012-Fiat-500-Abarth-020.jpg

thx!

FTY
08-30-2013, 12:13 PM
There are a series of small plastic clips in that area, Id suspect one of them is the issue. I had an issue with it once I removed the rear seatbelts from the car. They are small green clip located about shoulder height where the two plastic interior panels meet. Let me see if I can source that part number for you. I had it somewhere. Try buckling in the seatbelts also.

Seafarer61
08-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah, it's definitely the area behind the right rear speaker. I'll have to figure out if a screwdriver can pry that panel apart so I can see what the hell is rattling. It's getting progressively more annoying (louder). I'm trying to locate a photo of that area with the panel removed but no luck. I'm used to Fiats and they're noises but this one damn near is as loud as my radio on 20.