PDA

View Full Version : The most durable thing on my Abarth? The key Fob.

VTEC Mini
08-29-2013, 05:36 PM
My Abarth has issues every three to four weeks for rattles, weather stripping, door seals, window regulators, stereo, dash panels, transmission leaks and so on. However, I lost my key fob about a week ago. I washed my work clothes a couple of days ago, which get really filthy, in hot water and heavy duty cycle with 2nd rinse. I went to throw my work shirt in the dryer and I felt in the pocket my key... I opened the garage door and hit the lock button and it armed the Abarth. At least something can hold together....

Robert Nixon
08-29-2013, 10:18 PM
maybe putting the entire Abarth in the washer will make it work like the fob and take care of those issues too!

nojeebs
08-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Please report back after said washer method is completed.

trevc
08-30-2013, 11:41 AM
I hate to hear that you have had these problems.
At least you got to make history with the seat covers :bowdown:

redred
08-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Might be time to Lemon Law your car and get another one. I haven't had a single issue with my car (other than from aftermarket mods). Everything else has been awesome for the first year I've had it.

VTEC Mini
08-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I hate to hear that you have had these problems.
At least you got to make history with the seat covers :bowdown:LOL!

Might be time to Lemon Law your car and get another one. I haven't had a single issue with my car (other than from aftermarket mods). Everything else has been awesome for the first year I've had it.With the lemon law it has to be a repetitive issue of the same manner. I think the only thing I could get it on is the door rattle I have brought the car in for 4 or 5 times now. However, it goes in next Friday for a new window regulator that they claim is the problem. I hope this is it. I do love my Abarth and I want to keep it but it is getting ridiculous. The way my work schedule is, I have a two day weekend, a three day weekend and a four day weekend off with a single Monday thrown in there off and have to work one weekend. Those days off during the work week are just about always spent at the dealership getting something fixed or looked at then order parts to get fixed. Even salesmen, shuttle drivers, counter personal have even made comments on how much my car comes into the shop. I pray this will be the last time...

stratofortress
08-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Please report back after said washer method is completed.+1

I've heard a good thorough washer cycle can cure A pillar and dash rattles but would like someone to confirm before I try it.