PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500e Inner CV Joint Fasteners

Fiat500USA
08-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/QY_NNh0HqZc/fiat-500e-inner-cv-joint-fasteners.html)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1Bc2hMhntAw/UhumhDLYcVI/AAAAAAAASVY/_nCZuuVcvpU/s640/Fiat%2520500e%2520Driveline%2520b.jpg

webwevers
08-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Hopefully this will get into the techs hands so they can begin repairing our cars!

Fiat500USA
08-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Hopefully this will get into the techs hands so they can begin repairing our cars!

I really hope so. They should have access to this information by now. I wanted others to know it, too, just in case anyone would have to disassemble the halfshafts in the future.

I am actually replacing the axle shaft on my Audi and I always replace these bolts, so there is nothing too unusual about the procedure other than the retorquing procedure and time frame.

Zapped
12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Looking for an update on this post.
Is this a common problem for the 500e with the extra torque and has it been fixed ?
How many people have experienced this ?

EDIT: got my answer on another post. Thx

dmb
10-04-2014, 05:52 PM
What symptom is indicative of a problem with the inner CV joint fasteners?

(I ask because my car would "clunk" loudly, seemingly near the right front, at the beginning of any rapid acceleration or deceleration. The mechanic says he's checked everything, but I still hear the sound, though not as regularly.)

stikka
10-08-2014, 04:32 PM
What symptom is indicative of a problem with the inner CV joint fasteners?

(I ask because my car would "clunk" loudly, seemingly near the right front, at the beginning of any rapid acceleration or deceleration. The mechanic says he's checked everything, but I still hear the sound, though not as regularly.)

I have the exact same issue. Sounds suspension-related to me (I'm not a technician). Dealer tech said they needed to order new "motor mounts". They'll be in in a week, so we'll see if that does it. I doubt it, though.