PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Seat Tracks??

NORCAL SS
08-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Can you guys shoot me any info on the aftermarket seat tracks for the 500?? Have some good stuff coming.

SLOWAbarth
08-26-2013, 12:15 PM
There are some universal ones out there, looks like nice hardware! Just google custom seat bracket or custom race seat bracket.

There is a local guy who will redo the foam in the seats for $500... you sit 2 inches lower.

What seats are you installing?

jflexe99
08-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Airbags in seats are only thing.... Aftermarket seats would be great. Seeing how stockers are.. Just ok

jguerdat
09-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Just had this sort of conversation with the wife recently. My aging knees are starting to hurt after long stints in the car and the thought is maybe more legroom would be the trick. So, while the original question was no doubt about lowering, I'd be interested in finding some that provide more legroom by moving the seat rearward at least 1, if not 2, inches. Are rails ONLY for lowering or do some move the seat back? For reference, I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam and have no problem with the current height.

Mr. Man
09-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Airbags in seats are only thing.... Aftermarket seats would be great. Seeing how stockers are.. Just ok
A decent bandaid would be to use the sensors and whatnot from the stock seat and attach it to the new seat. You still wouldn't have the seat airbags, but the rest of the system would still work, I think. A guy named Yul did it with the sabelts but he vanished

Tweak
09-03-2013, 09:07 PM
A decent bandaid would be to use the sensors and whatnot from the stock seat and attach it to the new seat. You still wouldn't have the seat airbags, but the rest of the system would still work, I think. A guy named Yul did it with the sabelts but he vanished

Saying he vanished makes me think...sure hope he wasn't in an accident and needed those airbags!!!

deathshead
09-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Thinking about swapping to a set of Sparco R100's or similar seat..