PDA

View Full Version : 500L - Security Alarm

Mario500L
08-24-2013, 09:37 PM
I just learned (I was assuming by default that any car is equipped this days with security alarm), that my 500L Easy doesn't have any security alarm. According to the owners manual : Vehicle Security Alarm - If Equipped. Anyone has a 500L with security alarm ? I am kind a "bit disappointed" , because all of my formers cars, (VW Jetta, Honda CR-V and FIT) was a standard equipment, so , no need to add any special package. My fault to "forget" to ask that before get mine.

But aside that , I am pretty happy so far, of course the lack of XM-Radio (even the option is there), was kind of frustrating, but well, too late, I need to be more attentive next time, but I was really anger to get my hands on the 500L

Regards.

n00dle
08-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Yes, my Trekking has it, it came standard and it works. I set if off to test it out and the EVIC will state that there was attempted 'break-in'.

Andree
08-24-2013, 09:46 PM
That's odd. Looking at the Fiat page, it appears ALL 500Ls have a security alarm:
http://www.fiatusa.com/model-compare/quick-chart/?modelYearCode=CUX201405

Click on the + next to Safety and Security.

You have the remote, right? To lock/unlock the doors. Locking the doors arms the system. It doesn't have a shock sensor, just will beep when someone tries to get in, or when you make a mistake with the hatch (I've set off mine a few times in my regular 500).

Mario500L
08-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Ciao Andree,

You are right, my mistake, I guess too much wine today. I just did a "non intrusive test", and I can see the internal red light flashing , meaning the alarm is armed. I will do a "break test tomorrow", otherwise my neighbors may want to kick my %^ with the alarm sound. Guess , "If Equipped" on the owners manual trick me.