PDA

View Full Version : Rear fender liner

spydersniper
08-24-2013, 02:35 PM
I mounted my Scorpion mudflapz the other day and noticed the bottom of the fender liner was not attached. When I got underneath to figure out why,low and behold, it was only being held together with a flimsy piece of plastic the size of a piece of string that slipped over a narrow piece of plastic that is molded into the fender. My little string part was broken so I now had no way to keep the bottom of the fender liner back into the fender. I ended up having to put in a screw through the bottom of the fender and then popping the fender liner over it to hold it in place. Figuring that the same thing could happen on the other side I did the same thing so it at least looks even. Actually you don't even notice the screw unless you put it on a rack, but come on guys! This is a design flaw! Simple,yes. Good design ,No. Most cars have a half inch lip that curls into the inside of the fender to hold the liner inside the wheel well. The Fiat doesn't have that. But mudflaps add weight to the back of the fender liner and with Fiats design the extra weight pulls the back part of the inner liner out. Anybody else notice this or are my beautiful Scorpion Mudflapz too heavy...???

FTY
08-24-2013, 04:50 PM
That piece of "string" can break even with out mudflaps, as I've seen it snapped off and hanging on cars prior to mudflap installation, it is a design flaw unfortunately and not much that can be done about it due to the initial design of the fender well. Any sort of pressure of the inside wheel well will cause them to snap. -Chris

trevc
08-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Mine were both broken before I had installed my mudflaps.