PDA

View Full Version : Alignment done Caster Out of Spec - dealer says its not adjustable

13Abarth
08-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Hi all

Abarth Spec is 2.65 +- 0.5 mine is at 2.10 on both sides. I don't know if this is terrible situation or not.

I brought it in for alignment cuz it was wondering at highway speed - this was a toe out issue on right that they brought back to zero. Much Better now.

2nd question - my camber is -1.4 left and -1.6 right. When I sit in car with 200 pounds will left side camber increase?

Thanks
13Abarth

jguerdat
08-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Abarth Spec is 2.65 +- 0.5 mine is at 2.10 on both sides. I don't know if this is terrible situation or not.

I don't see it as a major issue. Maybe a little less self-centering. As you note, it's not adjustable. The typical statement is to check for bent or worn parts. Since you'rs is even, I'd say you just had production tolerances stacked against you.

2nd question - my camber is -1.4 left and -1.6 right. When I sit in car with 200 pounds will left side camber increase?

The usual problem with strut suspensions is the lack of camber gain. I suspect your weight won't make much if any difference. If you really care, you can use camber bolts (~$25 for the pair) to even it out and get nearly -3 dgrees of camber if you want to track or autocross. If you use these for track or autocross beware of class rules.

BigDaddySRT
08-23-2013, 08:14 AM
The usual problem with strut suspensions is the lack of camber gain. I suspect your weight won't make much if any difference. If you really care, you can use camber bolts (~$25 for the pair) to even it out and get nearly -3 dgrees of camber if you want to track or autocross. If you use these for track or autocross beware of class rules.

Weight makes a Huge Difference in Suspension... especially with regards to corner Balancing.

Look at where the Transmission is... and look where the Driver Sits... all that weight is Loading the Front Left (Drivers Side) Wheel/ Suspension.