PDA

View Full Version : My first 500L sighting in the wild

ciddyguy
08-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Yep, last Saturday on my way back to Seattle from Tacoma. Both of us were stuck in traffic heading north on I-5 as it's bad through there, and clears out around Fife until you hit the Seattle City limits, then everything often slows down again through town.

Anyway, the Fiat was in the far left lane, and I was in the middle lane, and I know for certain it's not the Pop or Trekking, so either the Easy, or Lounge as it definitely had the parksense/backview option.

Soon, I was able to get past it, and then lost it as traffic slowly broke free. But hey, it WAS my first L in the wild though. This is much sooner than when I finally saw a regular 500 after that car came out, it was I think nearly 3 months before I saw my first one, and then the rate of sightings slowly increased to where now I see at least one a day, if not several daily.

BTW, I did see another 500L being test driven the day I drove one, and later when I ended up test driving a regular Pop 500, but I don't quite count those. I DO count just being out and about, and there it is however.

Robert Nixon
08-23-2013, 10:13 AM
so, they really exist! Just kidding, I went to a dealer here in SC when they got their Ls in stock, and was able to get inside and check it out. I still think it's going to be a big seller, for folks that don't want a small 2 door Italian, this is more in the sweet spot of mainstream US car buyers that buy so many SUVs, trucks, and smaller SUVs from all the other makers. Having 4 doors with a hatch just gives Fiat a larger market.