PDA

View Full Version : Abarth Side Striping? Can the dealer order and install?

littlejohn
08-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Wondered if anyone has added the "ABARTH" stripes after market?

Haring
08-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Dealership will be your most expensive option.

ScorpionSkins.com
08-22-2013, 09:23 AM

I was planning to add these to my vehicle eventually:

http://r.ebay.com/MHqUSU

Price is "fair" and the quality seems promising. I haven't finished my full vehicle vinyl wrapping project yet so it'll be a while still before I add this finishing touch. I'd say for someone without experience, if you're patient and take the time to properly align the decal, following instructions, it won't be too incredibly difficult.

Certainly not worth the $500 worth I've heard most dealerships ask. You could purchase this kit and fark the install up 9 times over before you even match that expense. Best of luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any vinyl wrapping questions.

Haring
08-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Make sure to find out the quality of their work first. I purchased silver ones for my Sport from Benini Designs off ebay and the quality was great but the slant of their pieces toward the end weren't as angled as the stock one. I've seen some of these decals that look like a 5 year old cut them :D

Boris can probably get you an almost like stock version of these. He did my custom ones and did a great job.

ScorpionSkins.com
08-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Boris can probably get you an almost like stock version of these. He did my custom ones and did a great job.

Boris is a great guy. :) I wasn't aware he had produced Abarth stripes aside from his other offerings or I would have certainly recommended him initially.

As for as the link I provided, the ebay seller states "the kit is cut to the exact factory specifications and uses the same 10 year rated outdoor vinyl" and "Don't buy graphics from fly-by-night sellers who use cheap materials and guess on sizing and fitment. We have a company Fiat and test fit all products!" which are two of the reasons I've considered their kit as an option. In my opinion, this implies the individual design components to have been individually cut as the factory variety, as opposed to a cheap print on clear vinyl. Messaging the seller and verifying this before purchase also couldn't hurt.

sk8ace
08-22-2013, 11:56 AM
http://www.newyorkautographics.com/2011-and-up-fiat-500-abarth-style-graphics-1/

Got mine from this guy. Quality and wasn't too hard to put on myself.
Matte Black

MAZ
08-22-2013, 01:15 PM

I have a factory set (Direct from Mopar @ $180.00 iirc) set of red side stripes that never made it out of the box if you want them.
I'll sell the set much cheaper than I paid since I have no intention of putting them on now.
PM me if interested.

littlejohn
08-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the comments, might be looking for some black stripes in the future, those are all good options. I'm looking at a couple of cars now, one is Grigio but no stripes. Thanks for offering up the red stripes as well MAz...

Abarth619
08-22-2013, 09:52 PM
If you do it right and follow all the steps to a T the stripes will be better than stock given the material is good. I put a huge hood decal on my FJ, it pretty much covered the 75% of the hood. It was the first time ever putting a decal on anything and mine came out flawless. A few tips I can give is to pretape with painters tape the place you plan on putting the decal to help line it up. Measure 3 to 4 times to make sure that it is perfect. Clean, clean and clean again. Also, a vinyl blade and a mix of dishwashing soap and water will be essential to get the bubbles out. There is some great tutorials on you tube as well that were priceless for me.