PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 returns this weekend!

Robert Nixon
08-19-2013, 11:18 PM
After the mid season break, we're back to F1 racing this weekend at Spa in Belgium! Rumors are that Red Bull will announce Daniel Ricciardo from Toro Rosso will replace Mark Webber at Red Bull next year, so we'll see what other moves that brings out in the next few weeks, most possibly some changes to come at Ferrari and Lotus next year...but then again maybe not!

NBC Sport Network plans on the following coverage, unfortunately no live qualifying on Saturday since they are now covering English Premiere League soccer.
all times in Eastern

Practice 2: 8am-9:30am Friday, will be re-run at 1am Saturday morning
Qualifying 1230-2pm Saturday, also will re-run at 1am Sunday morning
re-run of the F1-36 Vettel program 7-7:30am Sunday
Pre-Race show: 7:30 Sunday
Race 8am-10am Sunday
F1 Extra 10-10:30 Sunday

Pre-Race and Race will re-run at 7pm Monday night.

Abarth619
08-21-2013, 12:16 AM
I love F1, they are by far the most talented drivers in racing IMO. Watching this season made me a little nervous about the getting Pirellis on the Abarth though lol. I don't know if you saw it, but Mark Webber was pretty funny talking about his teammate on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait to watch again this weekend woo hoo!

Robert Nixon
08-21-2013, 12:43 AM
That was a good one with Webber on Top Gear! Should be lots of passing and lead changes at Spa.

Robert Nixon
08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Free Practice 2 ended with the Red Bulls on top, Vettel and Webber with fastest lap times, so maybe they will maintain that advantage in P3 and qualifying tomorrow, or maybe Mercedes were laying low today and will take the pole. Good chance of rain for qualifying and racing, so I will now double my previous estimate of lots of passing, and say it will be a wild weekend! Wet and slippery on a fast wide open course with huge elevation changes...will be great to watch!

500ways
08-23-2013, 05:07 PM
This^^^^^^^

Robert Nixon
08-26-2013, 01:57 PM
OK, so the qualifying had wet/dry and it was very wild! Race day was totally dry, so once Vettel got in front of Hamilton on the 1st lap, he cruised all the way to the win. Highlights include Alonso moving from 9th on grid to finish 2nd, Maldonado making the biggest mistake of the year and almost single handedly taking 4 other cars out of the race, luckily he only knocked di Resta out. Van de Garde of Caterham and the Marussias got the right tires in Qualifying and started 15-17 or so, but of course quickly fell back.

And the most unexpected was that Kimi had brake failure, and had his first DNF after setting an all time F1 record of consecutive finishes. The broadcasters noticed the glowing hot Lotus brakes early in the race, so whether they had a very bad set-up or there really was a mechanical failure I haven't heard, but the end result is Vettel's overall lead grows, Alonso now in 2nd, and Hamilton and Raikkonen probably can't afford to let Vettel finish ahead of them any more.

Two weeks to Monza!