PDA

View Full Version : OWNER: stratofortress - 2013 FIAT ABARTH - Bianco

stratofortress
08-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Well, guess I should make one too then. Say hello to Pearl; she's been with me since mid-April. Unfortunately, I lost a few of the older pics when I reflashed my phone so there's not many as of now, but planning on taking more as I travel around Cali.

Stretching her legs on the 405 on the way home from the dealership

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CwTy5B6S9YA/UWoLhS2V5BI/AAAAAAAAAMg/EdatJQ38s3w/w667-h889-no/photo+3.JPG

Spending her first night at home after being picked up

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-md1QpmeJhXY/UWn7VLhwAiI/AAAAAAAAALw/r7ZbCFnPENU/w1487-h889-no/IMAG0006.jpg

And with her new plate. Took 4 months...but well worth it IMO.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-64mMyarB02Y/UhG32oHL-XI/AAAAAAAAARI/6VHkfaWWABA/w532-h889-no/IMAG0099.jpg

stratofortress
08-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Options:

- Rosso leather
- 17" Sparcos
- Beats Audio
- Stripes and mirror covers

Initially I was going to go crazy and mod the hell out of Pearl, but after spending lots of time with her I'm reconsidering my position on just lightly modding her since 1.) I think factory the Abarths are pretty balanced and 2.) I really don't want to deal with the headaches of troubleshooting when modding rears its ugly head. I'll probably add a few cosmetic bits, ceramic tint and coilovers are all I see myself doing. So stay tuned for updates as I get those done, which is nothing compared to how crazy some people are getting on these. I will be trying to take more pictures of Pearl as she explores California as soon as I get a better camera so I'll post those as I go along. Planning on doing a full write-up in a few days from the perspective of someone who had no idea how to drive standard when I bought the car.

redred
08-19-2013, 03:07 AM
Looks good! Love the personalized plate!!! :thumbsup:

JoeB
08-19-2013, 04:53 AM
I'm with ya on the heavy mods. More power (literally) to the speedy folks, but my new Abarth Cabrio feels plenty quick and good-handling to me. The Cabrio has a slightly softer suspension, which, combined with the stock 16-inch wheels, supposedly makes it smoother than the other versions. After today's bumpy-backroad jaunt I can't imagine going with anything stiffer. I might eventually get around to doing a few things to it after a couple years, but right now my little ragtop go-kart is pretty great just the way it is. Except for that shift knob...

hecbom
08-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Stratofortress I have a Bianco just like yours with a sun roof and black 16" rims and very happy with the stock performance. My future mods will most likely include the 17" Sparcos or OZ and lowering springs and that will probably complete my package. I am way past the street racing days and besides I need to set an example for my son who just got his license and his first car. I spoke to a friend who has close ties to Fiat USA and he was telling me that as far as Fiat is concerned, any engine mods as long as it is an Abarth or Fiat product, Fiat will honor the warrantee. One Caveat, if they find out you race based on the ECU dump files,the warrantee is over!

ABARTH TAMER
08-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Agree on the non mods. Love the p plate LOL!

Tweak
08-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Stratofortress I have a Bianco just like yours with a sun roof and black 16" rims and very happy with the stock performance. My future mods will most likely include the 17" Sparcos or OZ and lowering springs and that will probably complete my package. I am way past the street racing days and besides I need to set an example for my son who just got his license and his first car. I spoke to a friend who has close ties to Fiat USA and he was telling me that as far as Fiat is concerned, any engine mods as long as it is an Abarth or Fiat product, Fiat will honor the warrantee. One Caveat, if they find out you race based on the ECU dump files,the warrantee is over!

Sparcos you say...what color might you be considering? :D

Tweak
08-19-2013, 10:40 PM

Sparcos you say...what color might you be considering? :D

msjulie33
08-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Its a sharp looking car, understated but not boring.

stratofortress
06-16-2014, 12:56 AM
A little over a year and I can't keep her stock =/

Already ordered the Injen intake, then thinking Unichip, Bilsteins, RRM rear sway bar and ceramic window tint and a CF diffuser. Possibly changing the red caps and vinyl trim to a custom color and I'm done after that.

Hopefully...

stratofortress
06-26-2014, 04:36 AM
I've never been a fan of engine modding, but then again this was my first real "performance" car and with the temptation of hearing the BPV and wastegate flutter I couldn't resist. So I installed the Injen intake in an underground parking garage @ 80 degrees in subpar lighting conditions but still managed to do it in a couple of hours. Was a pain in the ass but well worth the scratches on the hands and multiple choice curse words uttered during the removal of the crankcase line and snorkel from the stock airbox. My love for the sound of this car just went up a zillion times -- bigger and better backfires, more HP/TQ, significantly crisper throttle response and improved MPG are welcome side effects. It also just looks bad ass.

FYI to prospective Injen buyers -- this intake is not CARB approved just yet, but is in the approval process so we should be able to get the decal before the first smog inspection is needed.

P.S. In regards to how the license plate is holding up -- one of my friends showed me this Twitter link. I have no idea who this person is, by the way: https://twitter.com/shananers/status/472053507370262528

aevansgatech
06-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Engine bay looks great.. I think a black HPSI/EC ram air boot would enhance the injen intake look even more!