PDA

View Full Version : Downside to 1.4" drop Madness springs?

GetsThruBuckner
08-18-2013, 09:24 PM
I was considering installing a set of 1.4" drop Madness springs without altering any other parts. Is this OK to do? What are the potential damages I could see? I am on stock 16"s with stock Pirelli's also.

Tweak
08-18-2013, 09:39 PM
I was considering installing a set of 1.4" drop Madness springs without altering any other parts. Is this OK to do? What are the potential damages I could see? I am on stock 16"s with stock Pirelli's also.

I might not offer a specific answer to your question but I can tell you pretty much whatever spring you install it'd be a good ideal to get the Koni shocks to get a less bouncy rear and feel closer to the OEM ride with a bit less body roll and of course the lowered ride height.

So you know, this is not required but it is a good idea, I didn't care too much for the bounce added with lowered priced coil overs on my former Sport.

nojeebs
08-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Such a misleading title. >____< I thought something bad had happened.

GetsThruBuckner
08-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Such a misleading title. >____< I thought something bad had happened.

Yeah, I thought about the title afterwards. To be clear, I've never purchased something from Madness that I regret buying. I only asked this question because i'm a noob at this.

GetsThruBuckner
08-19-2013, 12:49 AM
I might not offer a specific answer to your question but I can tell you pretty much whatever spring you install it'd be a good ideal to get the Koni shocks to get a less bouncy rear and feel closer to the OEM ride with a bit less body roll and of course the lowered ride height.

So you know, this is not required but it is a good idea, I didn't care too much for the bounce added with lowered priced coil overs on my former Sport.
I should probably consider new shocks to go with them. Seems like the best option.

P.S.- can you add a question mark to the end of this thread's title? Thanks :smile:

Abarth Five O
08-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Whatever springs or COs you decide to buy, it's also a good idea to change the OEM top strut mounts to avoid potential noises.

NGEN
08-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Tweak, just so there isn't any misleading to the madness springs, perhaps you can change the title to "Is there any downside to the 1.4" madness springs?" The title currently seems like there is/was something wrong.

lammie200
08-19-2013, 11:37 PM
I installed Neu-F springs on my Sport this past weekend after speaking with Madness. That is what they recommended over their own brand. Nice drop both front and rear and very comfortable ride. It may change but not too concerned about new shocks at this point.

trevc
08-20-2013, 09:28 AM
I believe the downside is about 1.4" with these :frog:

NGEN
08-20-2013, 12:47 PM
I believe the downside is about 1.4" with these :frog:

LOL good one

MADNESSJoseph
08-20-2013, 04:03 PM
I installed Neu-F springs on my Sport this past weekend after speaking with Madness. That is what they recommended over their own brand. Nice drop both front and rear and very comfortable ride. It may change but not too concerned about new shocks at this point.

Hey there Lammie200! Very happy you're pleased with the recommendation and I believe for what your needs were that this was the best fit for your vehicle. What's nice about us here at MADNESS is we offer every spring option available from H&R, Neu-F, Eibach, Vogtland, Magneti Marelli & our MADNESS springs.

Every customers needs are different and this allows us to ensure customer satisfaction. For myself personally I ran the MADNESS 2" aggressive drop because I like that lower stance they provide and the fact they fill up the wheel well nicely. FYI - we're coming out with something soon that is even more aggressive and something that no one else has to offer
:jaw:

Now the MADNESS 1.4's are a great option for some of our customers and they are designed specifically for us by one of the top manufactures in the world. If you or anyone else happens to have any other questions, concerns or need advise please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally! jreyes@madnessautoworks.com or 562-981-6800 ext 108 :nod: Enjoy that NorCal weather my friend!

lammie200
08-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi Joseph,

I didn't mean to imply that Madness wouldn't recommend any of the other springs that you sell. I think that you said it better than I did. Each application is different. For me it was a decent (but not radical) drop on a daily driver Sport that won't be changing shocks or struts right away. For my application you were spot on with the Neu-F's. Very happy. On to the next mod!

pk9394
08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
For sure, you will feel much more sharp and bouncy feel for 1.4 inch drop all around. It really depends on what kind of road you ride on at most of your area! I have the Pro-kit with 0.7 front and 1.2 rear drop. Is not much drop but look much better than stock height! Roads in NYC is not that good here! I just wants to kill these SUV wheel caps!

The pro kit feel very smooth on most of the road, very close to stock. But at large bump I do feel the different. They do give me knocking sound from the front after few hundred miles after installing. I think is due to the strut top mount. Many say need to replace them when you change your spring or coil. I didnít research before I install these springs, so now I have to take them out and put a new top mount. So, do yourself a favor, get a new set with the new spring.

Donít know about the yellow shock yet, they still in UPS truck. Should have them in by this weekend. This is also a highly recommendation from many other members.