PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an Abarth near Jamestown, NY yesterday?

wilbmeister
08-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Yesterday morning, (8/16) my wife was biking on Rt 380 near Falconer (outside of Jamestown) and saw a black Abarth that had a red scorpion on the back. There has not been another Abarth in this area and it would be exciting to have another here. Maybe it was someone just passing through. Be nice to find out who it was.

MrFiat
08-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Alas, it wasn't me. I would, of course, have looked you up if I found myself in the area. Hope you find out who it was. Life long friendships have been made that way.
Do you folks have any plans for the Watkins Glen vintage GP on the 6,7, & 8th of Sept? I'm hoping to have the old Abarth there. Always a fun time.
Anyone else planning to make the event?

Thomas
08-18-2013, 01:21 PM
I love the old Zippo GP (as it used to be called). I was there last year with my Abarth. The weather sucked that time, but is usually fine. I try to make it every year, but I'm not sure about this year's event. It is a fantastic event. Just looking around the parking lot is a feast for the eyes. Last year when I was in line to go in at the front gates.....I pulled up next to a beautiful old Dino. When he saw the Abarth, he broke out in a huge grin and gave me the thumbs up.