PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500e Posts Big July Sales Result

Andree
08-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Fiat 500e Posts Big July Sales Result, Takes All-Time “First Month” Scorecard Lead

"... “thanks” to a fairly serious half shaft separation issue that forced the recall of 270 cars on Wednesday, we can closely forecast a fairly exact number of 500e vehicles sold in July at about 150 units. There was about 3 dozen cars reportedly not affected by the recall.

To put that in context, that is a very high number of EVs to be sold in half of one month for Chrysler, as they are basically looking at the car as an answer to CARB compliance."

http://insideevs.com/fiat-500e-posts-big-july-sales-result-takes-all-time-first-month-scorecard-lead/

Number ONE, baby! :cool

Cheri500e
08-18-2013, 06:34 PM
makes me curious on how many were in my neck of the woods before I got mine. I know I have seen 2-3 others "in the wild" down here in San Diego and i know for a fact one was sold the day before I got mine (a orange one). If there really are (were) 150 out there, it makes me feel like special :)

Hoping for news tomorrow on when I am getting my Antonio back

Franke760
08-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Sadly, I got the call to take mine to the dealer today due to the recall. SO BUMMED! The Service department had no idea when the issue would be fixed. I sure hope it's soon as it was very hard leaving it.

Andree
08-19-2013, 11:07 PM
While the recall portion is sad, it does my heart good to see how well loved the 500e is.

I do wish we had more information. The communication is a little slow, for the general public anyway. I'd like to see them do daily releases, updates, for all the owners at least. Treat it like an important news story.

Fiat/Chrysler could tell us what they know as of today, what their plans are, how many people have been called, etc. Keep updating the info. And perhaps tell us (or the owners, you folks) how this could have happened. How do assembly things get missed?

Was there a machine inoperative? Did the one guy/gal who does half shaft bolts go on vacation? What's the story there?