PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this? Driver customizable options not working.

DesmosDromos
08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I've had the car less than a week, but the options on autoclosing the doors, shift indicator light, what opens on unlock on the key fob, etc. no longer work. You can change the setting in the menu, but the behavior of the car does not change. Thoughts?

trevc
08-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Go see your Studio.

Tweak
08-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Pull battery power and discharge and see if that fixes things, if not, studio it is as Trevor stated.

hecbom
08-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Mine did same after I bought it. I had a dead battery in my Key Fob! replaced it and solved the problem.

DesmosDromos
08-16-2013, 03:06 PM
I've scheduled an appointment Tuesday. I guess pulling battery power is worth a shot. How long should I wait for discharge?

Tweak
08-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I've scheduled an appointment Tuesday. I guess pulling battery power is worth a shot. How long should I wait for discharge?

Usually people suggest turning on the lights and/or pressing the brake pedal to make sure power has been discharged but it shouldn't take any longer than 15 minutes or less, I think once pulled and the discharge is done the wait isn't really as required. If you have to set the clock when you reconnect you know it has been long enough. ;)

DesmosDromos
08-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Well the battery disconnect seems to have fixed everything except the shift up indicator. I now believe that light is actually burnt out. I'll delay my Studio visit until I need my first oil change and have them look at that too.

08-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Well the battery disconnect seems to have fixed everything except the shift up indicator. I now believe that light is actually burnt out. I'll delay my Studio visit until I need my first oil change and have them look at that too.

Does it light when you turn the key to ON before starting?

Tweak
08-17-2013, 09:11 PM

I guess a partial resolution beats nothing. fidgell has a good question though that'll answer if it is "burnt out".

DesmosDromos
08-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Does it light when you turn the key to ON before starting?
Heh, yeah it does. There goes that theory.

08-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Heh, yeah it does. There goes that theory.

Ok, common misconception here then. Search around this forum as we've been asked this a lot!

The thing is, its not really a "shift up" light in the sense most of us want/understand. Its really just a gimmick, a "warning" light that comes on just before the ECU shuts off the fuel due to overly high revving. As a result, youll only see this if youre thrashing the heck out of the car - and not in a good way :)

In NORMAL mode, Ive been told as I dont use it myself, it can be set to come on for efficiency - but again a gimmick as in reality youll know yourself how to shift for fuel economy just as well.

As a note too, the boost gauge is also a gimmick as it in no way shows the actual boost you have at any time, it merely displays the "requested boost" by the ECU. There are a couple of options around here if you want a real boost guage that can be swapped for a usable and OEM look.

Hope this helps

DesmosDromos
08-18-2013, 02:30 PM
So, it was raining this morning and I didn't put it in sport mode and found the shift light works in that mode. So, maybe that's by design and it's behaving normally?

FiatCares
08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
So, it was raining this morning and I didn't put it in sport mode and found the shift light works in that mode. So, maybe that's by design and it's behaving normally?

Fidgell has it correct. It should only come on in the most extreme "red line" conditions.

nerdvana
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
In NORMAL mode, Ive been told as I dont use it myself, it can be set to come on for efficiency

My 2013 was set that way from the factory (early shift light in Normal mode).