PDA

View Full Version : 500T exhaust help

RackItZ
08-16-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm was looking around to find which exhaust to get for my 500T. I want to get a exhaust that gives me the sound of a abarth, but stuck between the NGen 4 piece exhaust or the RRM exhaust? The NGen says it gives you 5-6 hp and the sound of a Abarth, but the RRM says it gives you the growl and carbon fiber valance and I'm stuck not sure which to get?

stubtail
08-16-2013, 09:09 AM
For $150-100, just get the muffler cut out and replaced with a straight pipe to a new and larger tip. Don't know about any hp gains but the engine breathes better and the sound is no less than an Abarth. One of the cheapest and best mods for the T, IMHO.

sfhpawel
08-16-2013, 10:21 AM
For $150-100, just get the muffler cut out and replaced with a straight pipe to a new and larger tip. Don't know about any hp gains but the engine breathes better and the sound is no less than an Abarth. One of the cheapest and best mods for the T, IMHO.

^^ totally agree. NGen products and RRM products look great. but you prob want to stick with a single exit and just hit up the muffler shop. i paid $110

Side note: Single exit IS the way to go. Just take a close look at all the designs. There is a Y/T shape at the ends of most Abarth design exhausts.

Whats better a " l " or a " T " shape in terms of free flow?

I will tell you this though, the aftermarket exhausts probably wont give you any power. Thats just bonkers without replacing the pos midpipe and downpipe. What will give you power is removing your muffler thats where the power claim comes from. And its more likely going to be low end torque that you'll gain.
:)

Tweak
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I agree dumping the muffler is a nice and cheap route although the exhausts you have in mind are both good and liked by members so you really can't go wrong so much as you just have to find what works best for your goals.

RackItZ
08-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Ok well I want the look though

NGEN
08-17-2013, 12:35 PM
RackItZ, thanks for the compliment. We have actually moved away from fabricating our own exhaust system. For us, we wanted to focus more on our exterior options. However, we still offer numerous performance products for your vehicle that we can help you with. In regards to the exhaust, we now offer the Magnaflow Exhaust for $929 with free shipping. Keep in mind you will have to replace the rear diffuser if you go to a dual exit option which does give a very nice look. If you want to stick with a single exit exhaust, Road Race makes a high quality exhaust with a single exit so you don't have to replace the rear diffuser.

As for horsepower, keep this in mind. Just replacing the exhaust (with no other modifications) will probably only benefit you 1 maybe 2 hp (but it will sound nice!). It will allow a lot more flow which is always good. However, as you add more engine/intake modifications, the exhaust will work even better for you which can benefit in more horsepower. Adding a downpipe/midpipe as sfhpawel stated will benefit even more. I'm sure many will chime in on this.

If you are on an extreme budget, I suggest removing the axle back portion of our exhaust (muffler and tailpipe) and have a muffler shop create a split pipe that connects to your existing exhaust. Probably cost about $150-$200 but may not be as clean.

Good luck in whatever you decide on doing and let me (or any of us other vendors) know if we can be of further assistance to you. BTW, Show us some pics!

RackItZ
08-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Ok thank you

MADNESSJoseph
08-20-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm was looking around to find which exhaust to get for my 500T. I want to get a exhaust that gives me the sound of a abarth, but stuck between the NGen 4 piece exhaust or the RRM exhaust? The NGen says it gives you 5-6 hp and the sound of a Abarth, but the RRM says it gives you the growl and carbon fiber valance and I'm stuck not sure which to get?

Hi RackItZ! Having a turbo myself I went with the MADNESS Dual Exit Exhaust. It gives the car a very aggressive note, nice dual exit and the replacement of the rear diffuser is included in this package! Best of all right now it's FREE SHIPPING! Feel free to reach out if you happen to have any questions or anything, I'm always around to help you out!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8544/8632021463_deaaa29107_c.jpg

500T2NV
08-20-2013, 10:00 PM
RRM makes a single exhaust with a muffler, and also a straight pipe axle back with no muffler which is there race version. I had the privilege to have RRM test both exhaust on my 500T for testing. I decided to keep the race straight type version because the mid range power was a lot smoother, and plus I gained about 1.5-2 psi of boost rather than 1 psi of boost on the regular muffler type. In my opinion both exhausts are great, but its mainly up to you what sound you would end up liking. Here is the video of the Muffler type exhaust on my car. I should have the straight pipe race exhaust video up soon.

http://youtu.be/eQAleiAZ9ek

RackItZ
08-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Ok thanks for all the great feedback

RoadRace
08-21-2013, 12:23 PM
We got 6 h.p. out of our exhaust on the N/A 500s. I know are getting closer to 10 h.p. on our 500T units. We have DUAL setup, single setup with muffler and single without muffler. We want to know which is the "ONE" people want most. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

FTY
08-23-2013, 07:40 PM
We got 6 h.p. out of our exhaust on the N/A 500s. I know are getting closer to 10 h.p. on our 500T units. We have DUAL setup, single setup with muffler and single without muffler. We want to know which is the "ONE" people want most. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

I am getting requests from people who want a single without the muffler.

sfhpawel
08-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Center exhaust (straight down the middle) dual tip. For Abarth and 500T :)

RoadRace
08-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Center exhaust (straight down the middle) dual tip. For Abarth and 500T :)

WE have done it, no one wanted it really. I loved it. This was the 1st exhaust we did on the Abarth. Maybe we will do the single side version without muffler. RRM

ROAD/RACE

txcb4b
09-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I went to a local muffler shop here in Texas got the muffler cut out and a new pipe bent and welded in for only $40, also had the stock tail piece put on to look stock.

Tweak
09-12-2013, 09:56 AM
I went to a local muffler shop here in Texas got the muffler cut out and a new pipe bent and welded in for only $40, also had the stock tail piece put on to look stock.

Welcome to the forum.

Muffler delete makes for a much nicer sound. :cool:

opiateESP
09-12-2013, 09:54 PM
If dealing with the factory muffler makes that much of a difference on the 500T (approximately 10 HP), that might explain my dyno results from a couple months back. My delete is just welded instraight pipe. Was this with your rendition of the muffler delete?