PDA

View Full Version : 500L Sunroof Question

bkn42
08-15-2013, 11:54 PM
My wife and I are seriously considering buying a Fiat 500L and I have a question for owners out there that have the sunroof.

How well does the sun screen help block the heat of the sun? I live in Southern Arizona and its plenty hot here in the summer. So, I would like feedback from any owners who live in a similar climate.
The sunroof was impressive looking the day we were at the dealer but the car was in the showroom (and it happen to be a rare overcast day). With all that glass, I'm sure the car would be a solar oven, with the sunscreen open but the sunroof closed, here in the S. Az (not that I would leave it parked that way)! I would forgo the sunroof, if the sunscreen did not block the sun's rays/heat very well. I'm interested in the effectiveness of the sunscreen while driving the car, with AC on (not just parked -- parked cars are always ovens here!).

I'll be test driving a sunroof version this weekend to experience it firsthand, but it would like to hear any opinions from owners that drive the car daily in a hot climate.

Thanks,
Brian

P.S. I'm new to the forum. So, "HI" to everyone! xyxwave

Andree
08-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Hi there, welcome, come on in, pull up a chair!

Well, I'm not a 500L owner, I have the regular 500 with sunroof. It's sunshade is not solid. I have left the sunroof on the vent position, thinking it would help with reducing interior heat, but it doesn't do as much as I had hoped. And that's just in 70 degree temps when I travel to the sun.

You probably know all this but just a reminder, the darker the car exterior and interior, the hotter the car will get. And you'd want to think about both the exterior and interior color with all the window space AND the sunroof.

Hot interior would be the black Pop interiors. Next hottest would be the black/brown Trekking interior, Lounge interiors in gray/gray or gray/beige (the gray/beige has a light beige dash). Coolest interiors would go to the Easy with it's super light gray or super light beige/cream, the colors are on the dash too.

One thing I love about the 500L is the opportunity to play with roof colors, or not. One of the people on the forum has the deep forest green, with the white roof. When it's HOT and sunny, you'd generally want to stay with white cars. Having the white roof over the passenger compartment helps to keep that area cooler than it would be if the roof were black.

Next up, the sunroof looks impressive, and yet you're wondering about how effective the sunshade is. Here is a question to ask yourself:

At what time of day do you usually drive?

If you're driving during the daylight hours, especially the hottest ones, you'll probably have the sunroof shade closed. The sunroof isn't all that impressive if you're not using it.

Another question: When and how often do you think you WOULD use the sunroof, either with the shade all the way open, or shade open/roof open?

You could be a total travel buff, and being able to see out the sunroof would be delightful, whether it's a new city or a National Park. Or evening/night/morning driving, when there is no sun, and you want to have the open feeling. Perhaps having the sunroof will be the impetus to go on evening drives, for pleasure. Become an explorer of your area, visit places you've not been.

Hopefully others will chime in. I don't recall anyone having the sunroof on the forum yet. The 500L is so NEW. I think you'd be the first. So you have to let us know your impressions after test driving (and buying perhaps).

Andree
08-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Here's a screen shot of three interiors:
Easy, beige/dark gray; Trekking, brown/black; Lounge, gray/beige

Tweak
08-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Wolfepaw
08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Hopefully others will chime in. I don't recall anyone having the sunroof on the forum yet. The 500L is so NEW. I think you'd be the first. So you have to let us know your impressions after test driving (and buying perhaps).

Very true statement there, my studio only had one and said it was the only one they would have for a while with a sunroof. I wasn't in to paying the massive price difference for a sun roof. I live in the Pacific Northwest, we rarely see the sun period!

n00dle
08-16-2013, 02:18 PM
I took out a 500L Trekking for a test drive, which had a sunroof. It's a huge piece of glass, I wanted to see experience it's functionality and opened the screen back. It was a hot sunny day and the light as well as the heat from it was immediately apparent. I then proceeded to open the sunroof, the light and heat was more intense. The sunroof didn't open as far back as I was expecting. A short while later I close the sunroof as it was getting too hot, then closed the screen to help cut down some more of the light. After that experience I opted to get Trekking without the sunroof option and this is from someone who used to drive a convertible. Best to experience it yourself before making the decision.

Andree
08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Very true statement there, my studio only had one and said it was the only one they would have for a while with a sunroof. I wasn't in to paying the massive price difference for a sun roof. I live in the Pacific Northwest, we rarely see the sun period!

I'm in SF, where the elders tell stories of the sun and what it is. heh.

But that's part of the reason I opted FOR the sunroof. There isn't sun very often. And my apartment is like a cave. I need that extra light.

Seasonal affective disorder here is all summer as well as all winter. Down vests and woolens ARE summer wear.

So I get a good dose of overhead light, and it brightens the interior of the vehicle. I have the ivory ambiance and the light green dash. It's so relaxing.

Plus I enjoy looking up at the rain puddling on the sunroof at stop lights. There aren't too many times when one gets to be on the underside of a puddle.

bkn42
08-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Well, I test drove a dark green Trekking 500L with a sunroof this afternoon. It was 105 degrees outside -- the car's thermometer showed 115 degrees! The sunshade did block a lot of heat but not enough! The shade is a lighter color but it was still quite warm to the touch and seemed to heat up the upper part of the cab. I took it on the freeway for a few miles and back to the studio -- the AC seemed to be having a hard time cooling off the cab but it was fairly cool by the time we made it back. So, we are skipping the sunroof.

To tell the truth, my wife and I were talking last night and we thought about how often we used the sunroof in our current cars -- almost never. When its cool enough here to open the sunroof (early Spring and late Fall), our seasonal allergies are bad enough we cannot open any windows or sunroof in the car. :blue:

Also, the Trekking seat colors are too dark (but are nice looking) for the hot summers here (at least in my opinion). They also had a yellow Trekking and a Pop or Easy black with white top (and sunroof) -- that one looked like a European taxi to me. gr_grin

They just got in a white Easy (no sunroof) -- they had not even finished "unwrapping" it yet. I liked the lighter seat color in this one. My wife and I will test drive it tomorrow morning.

n00dle
08-17-2013, 02:07 AM
After thinking about it some I think the issue I had was the lack of cool ventilation while the sunroof was open. I think rolling down all of the windows would have helped and perhaps made it feel more "convertible" like with the additional ventilation.

Andree
08-17-2013, 05:44 AM
After thinking about it some I think the issue I had was the lack of cool ventilation while the sunroof was open. I think rolling down all of the windows would have helped and perhaps made it feel more "convertible" like with the additional ventilation.

Put the hvac on fresh air, and on, but no blower speed. The air will blow in as you drive, if the sunroof is vented. I do that a lot, no need for the blower most of the time. Fresh air coming in as you drive, it's very nice.

Edit, and there are the three interior colors for the Easy.

500MADNESS.com
08-17-2013, 10:14 AM
We have a 500L that we have purchased about a month ago.

One of the first things we did was to tint the entire sunroof. We have done this with our Sport and our ABARTH and not with the L. It is a very effective way to bring the temps down and as long as you have a good tint guy this should not be in issue. If you are SoCal we can even do it for you since we tint on premises.

There is no issues with tinting the glass. The light still comes through, but since it is darker some of it is filtered. It does make a BIG difference on the heat. So, if you are in a climate that is hot that would be our recommendation.

Andree
08-17-2013, 02:13 PM
I didn't know/remember that you had a sunroof on yours!

This is a chart on the AVERAGE temps in Phoenix, Arizona:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USAZ0166

And here's the same chart for Los Angeles, CA:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/90089

Notice that the average high temperature in Los Angeles is about the average low temperature in Phoenix. It a much hotter climate.

Arizona has a mandatory cool roof program for the state and state-funded buildings:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/16/AR2010091607740.html

"Herb Van Gent points his infrared gun at a square of still-unpainted gray shingle and clicks the trigger. He gets an immediate temperature reading: 143 degrees and rising. Then he aims it five feet away to a square of roof I have just painted: 98 degrees and decreasing."

A tinted sunroof may make it cooler on the inside, but the black is still on the outside and it will be hot above the sunroof.

Death Valley doesn't get as hot as it does on a dark colored surface:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCA0286

So, the white roof or the white car will help dramatically when it comes to keeping the interior cabin cool. And it does do it's part on reducing the urban heat island effect. As much as a car can do.

Andree
08-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Well, I test drove a dark green Trekking 500L with a sunroof this afternoon. It was 105 degrees outside -- the car's thermometer showed 115 degrees! The sunshade did block a lot of heat but not enough! The shade is a lighter color but it was still quite warm to the touch and seemed to heat up the upper part of the cab. I took it on the freeway for a few miles and back to the studio -- the AC seemed to be having a hard time cooling off the cab but it was fairly cool by the time we made it back. So, we are skipping the sunroof.

To tell the truth, my wife and I were talking last night and we thought about how often we used the sunroof in our current cars -- almost never. When its cool enough here to open the sunroof (early Spring and late Fall), our seasonal allergies are bad enough we cannot open any windows or sunroof in the car. :blue:

Also, the Trekking seat colors are too dark (but are nice looking) for the hot summers here (at least in my opinion). They also had a yellow Trekking and a Pop or Easy black with white top (and sunroof) -- that one looked like a European taxi to me. gr_grin

They just got in a white Easy (no sunroof) -- they had not even finished "unwrapping" it yet. I liked the lighter seat color in this one. My wife and I will test drive it tomorrow morning.

And??? Did you have a chance to try out the white with lighter interior? The suspense is killing me.

If you're looking for a specific car I can look around at all the dealerships in your state. I love to do that.

bkn42
08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
We liked the all white 500L (with automatic transmission). And, we test drove a Trekking with manual transmission -- I really liked the manual.

So, we are now looking for a light colored (white, light blue or metallic grey) Easy with a manual transmission and no sunroof (any other options we are OK with).

The Tucson dealer is looking out for one that is near by (i.e Phoenix) -- they said shipping from outside of AZ would cost $600 to $800 (we aren't paying that!).

I guess a medium color car with white top would work, also.

So, we are watching and waiting for the right combo...

Brian

Andree
08-18-2013, 08:24 PM
We liked the all white 500L (with automatic transmission). And, we test drove a Trekking with manual transmission -- I really liked the manual.

So, we are now looking for a light colored (white, light blue or metallic grey) Easy with a manual transmission and no sunroof (any other options we are OK with).

The Tucson dealer is looking out for one that is near by (i.e Phoenix) -- they said shipping from outside of AZ would cost $600 to $800 (we aren't paying that!).

I guess a medium color car with white top would work, also.

So, we are watching and waiting for the right combo...

Brian

So I looked around Arizona. Manuals can be hard to come by. So I looked at everything light colored. This is a personal favorite color combo, but it has a BLACK roof! In San Francisco, it would be fine, it might be HOT in Arizona. Black over tan, with black over tan interior in Phoenix:
http://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-111d5eed0a0a00650113fc371c3fc492.htm

It has Beats/Sirius, Heated front seats (which you won't need right now, LOL), and the black roof, with the stick. Yes, I check the window stickers for the options, since some dealers have advertise all Ls having Sirius. This one really does.

And that is the only stick Easy in a light color that I found.

Andree
08-18-2013, 08:58 PM
If you change your mind about the out of state shipping, there are cars in San Diego and Carlsbad for you.

San Diego:

A couple of no option all white Easy sticks (one says Mocha Latte, shows a white car, the window sticker says it's white also), black/gray:
http://www.fiatusaofsandiego.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-San-Diego-fcf1cff80a0a0049010a9da7743c9680.htm
http://www.fiatusaofsandiego.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-San-Diego-118b3e850a0a0049010a9da7ebeb53c8.htm

White stick Trekking, Popular Equipment, Beats/Sirius, Compact spare tire:
http://www.fiatusaofsandiego.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-San-Diego-54cdd3af0a0a00020069126383d69034.htm

----

Carlsbad:

No option white Easy stick (black/gray):
http://www.bobbakerfiat.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-fd0d40c50a0a00650113fc378124535e.htm

---

One of the forum members just got an all-white stick Trekking, you can see pics in the thread here:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11270-Trekking-in-LA!

You could ask if the interior gets baking hot, my guess is yes. But if you're skipping the sunroof, the all-white exterior should really help.

bkn42
08-19-2013, 12:59 AM
So I looked around Arizona. Manuals can be hard to come by. So I looked at everything light colored. This is a personal favorite color combo, but it has a BLACK roof! In San Francisco, it would be fine, it might be HOT in Arizona. Black over tan, with black over tan interior in Phoenix:
http://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-111d5eed0a0a00650113fc371c3fc492.htm

It has Beats/Sirius, Heated front seats (which you won't need right now, LOL), and the black roof, with the stick. Yes, I check the window stickers for the options, since some dealers have advertise all Ls having Sirius. This one really does.

And that is the only stick Easy in a light color that I found.

OK, that color combination (black/tan) is nice looking! Tan was one of the color we initially liked but it was hard to tell the exact shade of the color on Fiat's web page -- and the dealer here does not have color samples, yet. The Phoenix dealer's pictures show the tan color better (especially with the contrasting black top). The heated seats are kind of useless here (although, my wife likes them in what we call "winter").

I did some research on how hot black cars get vs white ones -- seems like not as big of a difference as one would expect.

And, it has the manual transmission, the upgraded radio, a very nice look, and those handy heated seats :smile: -- so, tempting; so, tempting... I can always park under trees; yeah, I can make this work... sillylol

BTW: Andree, thanks for finding this one!

Andree
08-19-2013, 01:25 AM
OK, that color combination (black/tan) is nice looking! Tan was one of the color we initially liked but it was hard to tell the exact shade of the color on Fiat's web page -- and the dealer here does not have color samples, yet. The Phoenix dealer's pictures show the tan color better (especially with the contrasting black top). The heated seats are kind of useless here (although, my wife likes them in what we call "winter").

I did some research on how hot black cars get vs white ones -- seems like not as big of a difference as one would expect.

And, it has the manual transmission, the upgraded radio, a very nice look, and those handy heated seats :smile: -- so, tempting; so, tempting... I can always park under trees; yeah, I can make this work... sillylol

BTW: Andree, thanks for finding this one!

Awesome!

Let us know when you bring it home!

Andree
08-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Wasn't sure if I should keep looking or not.

Tucson has an all red Easy w/black/gray interior coming:
http://www.fiatusaoftucson.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-0cd2ba500a0a00650113fc37f0ddecb2.htm

Red, the Deep Lava Red Pearl color, w/black roof, Beats/Sirius, Heated seats, Tempe:
http://www.billlukefiat.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-16b192ff0a0a0064004cbcaf06682576.htm

If you want to view the light blue online, here's one in Denver (they're getting more):
http://www.fiatusaofdenver.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-20abfc3e0a0a00de004389352fb5ffd6.htm

Also, Austin has some light blue on the way in, no pics yet:
http://www.fiatusaofaustin.com/new-inventory/index.htm?SByear=2014&SBmake=clear&SBmodel=clear&SBtrim=clear&SBprice=clear

Both of those dealerships get in lots of variety. And they usually do pictures of everything. So it's a good place to browse to see color combinations.

bkn42
08-20-2013, 10:11 PM
The black/tan one is being moved down here to Tucson this week.
We will be buying it, probably, on Friday! :Blue:

Andree
08-20-2013, 10:52 PM
The black/tan one is being moved down here to Tucson this week.
We will be buying it, probably, on Friday! :Blue:

Woo hoo!!!

Congrats on your new 500L! So happy for you.

It's one of the best looking combinations, I think. But then I'm a tan fan, so I might be a bit biased.

cmj912
08-21-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm no one to tell those who actually live in the 'warm states' how to do their business, but I will say that it is interesting, and rather telling, that a good deal of them are sold with glass tinted at the dealership after the car has arrived.
Sunroof or no sunroof, most cars in these climates - the more glass, the more you're going to want/need to tint it.
For the other half of the country tinted glass is more of a security/i'm cooler than you/you can't see me thing. For what it is worth, unless I were to move to the extreme south or southwest, I'd never buy another car without a sunroof.

armywife1971
08-24-2013, 01:07 AM
We live in Texas and bought a 500L in July. I went the next week and had the windows tinted darker and was told that I couldn't get the sun roof tinted.

Andree
08-24-2013, 09:02 AM
We live in Texas and bought a 500L in July. I went the next week and had the windows tinted darker and was told that I couldn't get the sun roof tinted.

No idea why you would be told that. Madness did their own: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11382-500L-Sunroof-Question&p=624217&viewfull=1#post624217

You could ask them if they know someone in Texas that does quality sunroof tinting.

Oh, these folks are in Texas, they'd know:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11495-NGenFiat-com-just-completed-our-Tricked-Out-500L!&p=625174&viewfull=1#post625174

Tweak
08-24-2013, 09:49 AM

Welcome to the forum.

bkn42
08-24-2013, 12:18 PM
This is OT now but here is an update on us buying the black/tan 500L. We did not buy it on Friday -- the dealer called and said that while the car was being detailed they discovered damage to a piece of the lower front grill (I think that's what they said -- I have not seen the damage). Anyway, a replacement part won't be here until Monday and we'll be buying the car on Tuesday if things go well.

I'll start a new thread when we get it and post some pictures.

Brian

Andree
08-24-2013, 03:24 PM
This is OT now but here is an update on us buying the black/tan 500L. We did not buy it on Friday -- the dealer called and said that while the car was being detailed they discovered damage to a piece of the lower front grill (I think that's what they said -- I have not seen the damage). Anyway, a replacement part won't be here until Monday and we'll be buying the car on Tuesday if things go well.

Brian

I'm glad they found the damage! That would have been so disappointing to either notice it before you bought it and be upset. Or worse, buy it, get it home, days later notice there's damage, and wonder who did it!

LOL, there's no such thing as off-topic. Threads evolve and drift, but I figure anyone is welcome at anytime to jump in anywhere. Because while the thread goes along over time, time also stands still within a thread. Read any old thread, and time stands still. It will be a new thread to anyone who hasn't read it, so it's eternally new...okay, before I wax philosophical/mutter insanely, I'll just say...

Thanks for the update. I was hoping to hear you had your new 500L! Looking forward to hearing your review of the car once you get it!

NGEN
08-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Sunroofs are tinted all the time here in Texas. What part of Texas are you in? I can assist you if you are in the Houston area. Just shoot me a PM.

UomoNuovo
08-27-2013, 07:19 AM
New Guy chiming in here - but with a twist on the sunroof discussion... not so much the tinting, but the retraction of the sunshade on the 500L...

I swear when I test drove an Easy with sunroof, the shade retracted all the way into the rear housing (the bump at the back right by the top of the hatch).
Now that I own the Trekking, my sunshade stops retracting about five inches outside (or before) the rear housing where the shade is being drawn up into. It is over the heads of the persons in the backseat - not out of the way as I assumed it would be for their viewing pleasure.

Anyone out there with a 500L sunroof check to see how far back the shade retracts???

Thanks ahead of time.

Andree
08-28-2013, 02:44 AM

Brian

It's late Tuesday...

Andree
08-29-2013, 01:28 AM
New Guy chiming in here - but with a twist on the sunroof discussion... not so much the tinting, but the retraction of the sunshade on the 500L...

I swear when I test drove an Easy with sunroof, the shade retracted all the way into the rear housing (the bump at the back right by the top of the hatch).
Now that I own the Trekking, my sunshade stops retracting about five inches outside (or before) the rear housing where the shade is being drawn up into. It is over the heads of the persons in the backseat - not out of the way as I assumed it would be for their viewing pleasure.

Anyone out there with a 500L sunroof check to see how far back the shade retracts???

Thanks ahead of time.

Pics of the open sunroof cover, it doesn't retract all the way in the pic:
http://www.ocfiat.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-3fcb0cc70a0a00e000c74e663c5f5235.htm

bkn42
08-29-2013, 01:48 AM
It's late Tuesday...

There was a delay and the car would not be ready until very late Tuesday; so, I had to reschedule the purchase day. The next time both my wife and I could get there is Friday (8/30/13). We are hoping to be enjoying our new 500L starting this holiday weekend.

Andree
08-29-2013, 03:21 AM
There was a delay and the car would not be ready until very late Tuesday; so, I had to reschedule the purchase day. The next time both my wife and I could get there is Friday (8/30/13). We are hoping to be enjoying our new 500L starting this holiday weekend.

Thanks so much for the update! Since it's Thursday morning here, that means you get your car TOMORROW! Woo hooo!

UomoNuovo
08-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Pics of the open sunroof cover, it doesn't retract all the way in the pic:
http://www.ocfiat.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-3fcb0cc70a0a00e000c74e663c5f5235.htm

Thanks Andree - that picture of the "mostly" retracted sunroof shade has put my mind at ease... I wish it still went back all the way, but at least I have a sunshade. Ciao ~

bkn42
08-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks so much for the update! Since it's Thursday morning here, that means you get your car TOMORROW! Woo hooo!

We are now a proud owner of a black/tan 500L! Only had time to drive it from the dealer to work and then work back to home. And, it was raining when I got home; so, no pictures, yet.
I will get some pictures today and post them soon.

Andree
08-31-2013, 12:25 PM
We are now a proud owner of a black/tan 500L! Only had time to drive it from the dealer to work and then work back to home. And, it was raining when I got home; so, no pictures, yet.

Yes! Congrats! So excited! So, do you love it or what? You'll probably need to get behind the wheel a bit more to fully experience the "WOW" and fun.

And the black/tan IS a great combo, isn't it?

I'm yammering on in another thread about the white/tan. Both the black and the white look good with the Mocha Latte. I think the only other color that takes both contrast roofs in style is the yellow. And that's only on a Trekking.

So glad you've got your new 500L home.

Fiat500USA
08-31-2013, 01:01 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Love to see some pics when you can!

Jahna
01-01-2016, 03:27 PM
I own a 2014 Fiat 500L w/panoramic sunroof that I purchased new in Phoenix Az. I DO NOT SUGGEST THE SUNROOF in hot climates! It is extremely hot & on hot summer days with the a/c on full blast, it is very difficult to cool the entire car. The sunshade is not solid, so even with it closed, you can feel the sun scorching you. To top it off, I had my son & his friend in the back seat & pushed the button to close the sunshade. It began to shut then all of the sudden we hear a loud screaching sound & a metal piece from the inside of the roller that it rolls up on shot out and pierced my passenger side rear door. It actually sliced the door open like a knife! I was so upset, shocked & thankful that it did not hit one of the kids. My sunshade is now hanging loosely & no longer on its roller, so I put windshield shades in the roof just to make the car bearable to drive because its so HOT! I do love the panoramic sunroof, BUT the shade should be solid & possibly lined. Also, the roller is dangerous!

FiatCares
01-04-2016, 09:55 AM
I own a 2014 Fiat 500L w/panoramic sunroof that I purchased new in Phoenix Az. I DO NOT SUGGEST THE SUNROOF in hot climates! It is extremely hot & on hot summer days with the a/c on full blast, it is very difficult to cool the entire car. The sunshade is not solid, so even with it closed, you can feel the sun scorching you. To top it off, I had my son & his friend in the back seat & pushed the button to close the sunshade. It began to shut then all of the sudden we hear a loud screaching sound & a metal piece from the inside of the roller that it rolls up on shot out and pierced my passenger side rear door. It actually sliced the door open like a knife! I was so upset, shocked & thankful that it did not hit one of the kids. My sunshade is now hanging loosely & no longer on its roller, so I put windshield shades in the roof just to make the car bearable to drive because its so HOT! I do love the panoramic sunroof, BUT the shade should be solid & possibly lined. Also, the roller is dangerous!

Hi Jahna,
I'm so sorry to hear about this experience!!! Have you brought this to your studio's attention so that this can be addressed?

ramonhawk
01-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Well im here to report same thing happened to me sun shade came off while driving took it to the dealer and worst experience ever.
Will rant later but here some picshttp://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20629&stc=1http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20630&stc=1http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20631&stc=1http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20632&stc=1

Cassidy
02-18-2016, 09:35 PM
I had a 2014 Fiat 500L with panoramic sunroof & also live in sunny AZ. I called my car the solar oven �� The glass roof holds a ton of heat in, especially on those 110+ days. Great car though. Enjoy yours!