PDA

View Full Version : Up/Down arrows in Instrument Cluster

webwevers
08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know what the meaning of the two up and down arrows located to the left of the range indicator. Sometimes it highlights the up arrow sometimes the down arrow and most of the it does not highlight either one. I can't seem to find anything about it in my manual.

enginethatcould
08-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Nope! On the reg. 500 it's for the EVIC options.

webwevers
08-15-2013, 05:52 PM
The arrows I am speaking of are in the EVIC not the ones located on the outside controlling the options.

enginethatcould
08-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Yeah. Once I realized you were talking about the 500e I submitted a request for a moderator to delete my post and changed my response to a neutral answer until it is removed.

globug
08-15-2013, 07:24 PM
@Webwevers - consider the arrows as a bit of feedback for trending on how your next range calculation will result. If you are doing a lot of regen braking, you'll get an up arrow - meaning the range will increase. If you are doing a lot of racing of those Teslas and Leafs ;) you'll get a down arrow showing you your range will decrease.

I use a combination of the battery level in %, the arrows and the Engine KW output (press once on the right lever button) to monitor my driving habits. Doing this, I can get reliable 100 mi range doing city driving.

My car is at the dealer with the recall now, but up until yesterday those three items helped me keep range in check.

Cheers, Toréa
---

webwevers
08-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks for explaining what it means, very helpful. Hope you get you car back soon, I have not heard if mine needs to be taken in or not. I called my dealer but they did not know if any recall or problems. I called the fiat support line and gave them my VIN number and they said not to worry if it needed to be taken in I would be contacted. So guess I will just wait and see. Thanks for answering my questions, now I can use this information to increase my range somewhat.

Andree
08-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks for explaining what it means, very helpful. Hope you get you car back soon, I have not heard if mine needs to be taken in or not. I called my dealer but they did not know if any recall or problems. I called the fiat support line and gave them my VIN number and they said not to worry if it needed to be taken in I would be contacted. So guess I will just wait and see. Thanks for answering my questions, now I can use this information to increase my range somewhat.

Don't you dare drive that car. Forget about "your dealer" in Riverside. Palm Springs is local.

Go to the Contact Us:
http://www.fiatusa.com/webselfservice/fiat/

And click the + next to "I need RECALL OR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION INFORMATION."

Then enter your VIN in the space.

Edit: If it comes up with no information, you can keep checking it later. The person I spoke with on the phone said the database is the same, phone customer service and web page VIN check.

It does turn out that the dealers where the car was purchased are the ones making the contact calls. So, Riverside will be the dealer calling you. I apologize for the error in assuming that any dealer could help. It's possible that you will be able to have the vehicle serviced (if needed) at Palm Springs, but the dealer calling you will be Riverside.

Andree
08-16-2013, 04:56 PM
P.S. Don't mind me, I am a worry wart. I had to stop watching the TV news years ago, simply because it was too stressful. I end up worrying about everything and everyone.

Tweak
08-16-2013, 09:57 PM
P.S. Don't mind me, I am a worry wart. I had to stop watching the TV news years ago, simply because it was too stressful. I end up worrying about everything and everyone.

As the saying goes... "Don't take life too seriously, no one makes it out alive anyways".

Many variations but that's close enough. I don't have TV service at home anymore of any kind and don't care to watch the news either, too much sadness, hate and tragedy for me!

Andree
08-16-2013, 10:47 PM
As the saying goes... "Don't take life too seriously, no one makes it out alive anyways".

Many variations but that's close enough. I don't have TV service at home anymore of any kind and don't care to watch the news either, too much sadness, hate and tragedy for me!

I stopped watching TV in 2006, I think it was. The only thing I really enjoyed was ImageMakers on PBS.

Here's the archive, each group of films fell under a main title.
http://www.kqed.org/arts/programs/imagemakers/archive.jsp

If you click through to view episode details, there are descriptions of each of the films in the group, and sometimes one or more of the films to view.

I clicked through on Jeepers Creepers, expecting "creepy" shorts, and I was not disappointed. I just watched "The Cat with Hands"
http://www.kqed.org/arts/programs/imagemakers/episode.jsp?epid=140142