08-15-2013, 04:18 PM
http://jalopnik.com/2013-fiat-abarth-cabrio-the-jalopnik-review-1116353719

I couldn't have said it better myself!

duster497
08-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Agreed.

nojeebs
08-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Nice write up. Pretty much hits all the bells on why I've loved this car from the first time I watched it grace top gear.

jessebeetle
08-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Laughed a few times while reading that. Awesome article!

Mr. Man
08-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised they like it as much as they do, considering it's not a turbo diesel miata wagon lol

shagghie
08-16-2013, 04:44 PM
"Imagine taking a chainsaw to a running Ferrari engine. Then imagine shooting at said Ferrari from a helicopter with a gatling gun. Record all those sounds, then lay them on top of each other and you get some idea of what the Abarth's exhaust sounds like. It's not just in the cabin, either — everyone around you will hear it, and if they aren't smiling, you don't want to be friends with them. I can't believe a stock exhaust on a car at this price level sounds so insane" best part evar. rofl.

JoeB
08-16-2013, 05:54 PM
"Imagine taking a chainsaw to a running Ferrari engine. Then imagine shooting at said Ferrari from a helicopter with a gatling gun. Record all those sounds, then lay them on top of each other and you get some idea of what the Abarth's exhaust sounds like. It's not just in the cabin, either — everyone around you will hear it, and if they aren't smiling, you don't want to be friends with them. I can't believe a stock exhaust on a car at this price level sounds so insane" best part evar. rofl.

Yes! I passed that part around via email to a couple friends. I couldn't have said it better.bigclap

Tweak
08-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Abarth related quote of the year. :D

melanzane
08-16-2013, 09:56 PM
And the two things they complained about can easily be fixed with less than $1000 of readily available aftermarket upgrades. Namely shifter and more horsepower.

Such a great car.

Abarth619
08-16-2013, 10:07 PM
I love Jalopnik. It's a website I check everyday. They've had a bunch a great Abarth related articles, they love it.

Robert Nixon
08-17-2013, 12:40 AM
I liked the review, but totally disagree with his not liking the radio/audio buttons behind the steering wheel. I think that's one of the best things about the car, and not hard to get used to at all.

JoeB
08-17-2013, 01:37 AM
I liked the review, but totally disagree with his not liking the radio/audio buttons behind the steering wheel. I think that's one of the best things about the car, and not hard to get used to at all.

I just started using mine today, and it was second nature after one one-hour drive. I think the location behind the wheel is more ergonomic than hunting the front with your thumbs. The reviewer mentioned that it was an issue for him because it's different from most cars he drives. These types of "different" gripes come up in road tests often, but testers rarely mention that their peculiar relationship with driving affects their reviews. Most of us don't drive a new car every week, then demand that they all have similar interfaces in order to not be "weird".