PDA

View Full Version : Puddle Lights

zinful
08-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Has anyone installed the "puddle lights"(small projector lights) that go in the bottom of the door, that project the Abarth logo down on the pavement??

sfhpawel
08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
i have them but have not installed them. Do a search there is a thread on the other forum .. red forum ... aka 500owners

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-4th-gen-Car-door-courtesy-Welcome-Shadow-laser-projector-Logo-light-Mustang-/121156251366

If you get them, I suggest you get the ones from the link above. They are the latest AND shortest projector housings I found. The reason is, the original member that started the thread, bought them tooo tall and had to hack away in to his door pocket. With these you will have enough clearance under the door sill (within the door panel itself you are limited to a certain height, and dont forget about the cable sticking out of the end as well)

and for install, you just find the wires that lead to your dome light for proper connection. Like I said, someone already did a write up :)

PM me if you cant find the thread, I'll send you a link. Not sure if I am allowed to post links to other forums here.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
08-14-2013, 05:08 PM
I have several of these as well and I have been to lazy to install, how did you get to turn on / off with door?

streetsurfer
08-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I have several of these as well and I have been to lazy to install, how did you get to turn on / off with door?

Being wired into the dome light, they will come on when the door is opened and the dome light circuit receives power.