PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500L TSB 18-030-13- Transmission Temperature Warning Lamp ON

Fiat500USA
08-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Fiat 500L TSB 18-030-13 Transmission Temperature Warning Lamp ON

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves running a Vehicle Scan Report using wiTECH and submitting a Star Case.

MODELS:
2014 (BF) 500L (US Market Only) NOTE: This Service Bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 10, 2013 (MDH 0610XX)

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customer may experience a transmission temperature warning lamp on because the vehicle has incorrect software. Other shifting concerns are possible as well such as
harshness or delays.

guerrafa
03-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Is this for manual and automatic transmission ?

Fiat500USA
04-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Is this for manual and automatic transmission ?

It is for automatics, however if your car is within the range and has a manual gearbox, they will check to make sure the ECU number is correct.

OneMomSaysItAll
05-27-2014, 02:54 PM
It is for automatics, however if your car is within the range and has a manual gearbox, they will check to make sure the ECU number is correct.

This fix has not worked for my car. It left me stranded once again yesterday. I've had all the recalls done, clutch and fly wheels replaced. The Studio's Service Manager told me today he is sorry but these transmissions just do not function in extended stop/start driving situations. This is absurd. Why would you put a vehicle on the market, especially in the US, that cannot maintain functionality during major traffic congestion?!

I'm now waiting for the Care Analyst Team to "determine" what can be done. Meanwhile, I've actually been instructed to drive the car, just not in traffic with lots of stopping/starting, 1st/2nd gear situations. Incredible!

jabird101
05-28-2014, 09:02 PM
This fix has not worked for my car. It left me stranded once again yesterday. I've had all the recalls done, clutch and fly wheels replaced. The Studio's Service Manager told me today he is sorry but these transmissions just do not function in extended stop/start driving situations. This is absurd. Why would you put a vehicle on the market, especially in the US, that cannot maintain functionality during major traffic congestion?!

I'm now waiting for the Care Analyst Team to "determine" what can be done. Meanwhile, I've actually been instructed to drive the car, just not in traffic with lots of stopping/starting, 1st/2nd gear situations. Incredible!

That dealer is full of BS. I put nearly 7,000 miles on mine in city driving in Cleveland from June 6th 2013 to earlier this month. Last summer, before the recall, I spent many hot days in construction traffic for 45 min at a crack. No issues. Even during the coldest cold this winter at -17, no issues at all.

Part of the full instructions I saw when I took mine in on the 10th was to the affect that if the software couldn't be installed or the condition remained, they are to change out the Transmission control unit. The tech showed me the actual procedure. Also there are several TSBs out that they should also apply. One of them changed the display to show that not only were you in drive, but what gear. Instead of only showing D it would show D1, D2 etc. If this isn't showing they did not do their job.

I would suggest that you take it to another dealer and have them make sure that the controller was actually updated fully and not partially.

OneMomSaysItAll
06-10-2014, 04:30 PM
That dealer is full of BS. I put nearly 7,000 miles on mine in city driving in Cleveland from June 6th 2013 to earlier this month. Last summer, before the recall, I spent many hot days in construction traffic for 45 min at a crack. No issues. Even during the coldest cold this winter at -17, no issues at all.

Part of the full instructions I saw when I took mine in on the 10th was to the affect that if the software couldn't be installed or the condition remained, they are to change out the Transmission control unit. The tech showed me the actual procedure. Also there are several TSBs out that they should also apply. One of them changed the display to show that not only were you in drive, but what gear. Instead of only showing D it would show D1, D2 etc. If this isn't showing they did not do their job.

I would suggest that you take it to another dealer and have them make sure that the controller was actually updated fully and not partially.

Thanks. I've done this three times, two different studios. Software updates installed but the car is still not working. The car can't even make it up my driveway without the clutch burning, warning coming on. No one is helping, not FIAT Customer Care, not Studios. I've started a lawsuit, the last thing I need right now. The last words FIAT Customer Care said to me was "The transmission is performing properly and as it explains in your manual, when the transmission overheats, you should pull to the side and let it cool down before proceeding. You may also need to alter your driving habits to avoid heavy stop and start driving situations." I have this IN WRITING from FIAT. I'm beyond disappointed and frustrated. This car is unsafe. Worst customer service ever!

The Studios won't talk to me at all now, they just refer me back to FIAT Customer Care.

jabird101
06-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Damn, That is not good. This certainly sounds like a lemon to me. Unfortunately this means that you have to hire a lawyer file against the manufacturer. The bad thing is most companies won't even engage you or your lawyer unless you decide to go to binding arbitration. This means no judge hearing and no civil court jury that could assess damages. Read just about any contract now and you will find that you have unwittingly agreed to arbitration with an arbitrator of the company's choosing.
I don't mean to get political here, but this is the direct result of conservative tort reform. Companies have the leverage and the consumer gets screwed. Yes you both can go to battle, but they can afford many lawyers that eat drink and sleep this stuff every day. You can only bring what you can afford, which is quite a bit less. You used to be able to have your case heard by a pannel of common people who could picture themselves in your shoes, now it is one person that they hire and you pay for. Read the contract you pay ALL COSTS even if you win. This is the undoing of 40 years of consumer protections.

I hope Fiat/Chrysler just buys you out without a hassle. Either way I am sure your health has already suffered and the stress of making a payment on a vehicle you can't use is stressful. Keep us updated please. I really want to know how this turns out.