PDA

View Full Version : Interior rear view lights and power button

webwevers
08-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Hi all, I have been trying to find out about the two lights located on the inside rear view mirror. Does anyone know what the lights and power buttons are for? I must have missed it in the manual but I can't find anything about it. Thanks for any info.

trevc
08-13-2013, 11:13 AM
To switch the auto-dim feature of the mirror on or off.

webwevers
08-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Trevc,
Kinda what I was thinking, do you know what the lights are for? just to let you know if it is on or off? Mine shows a green light on the drivers side but the passenger side does not come on, maybe it would if someone is sitting in the passenger seat so it might have something to do with the air bags? Do you know if it is in the manual at all?

FiatCACares
08-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Webwevers,

Trevc is correct, the button is to turn on or off the Automatic Dimming feature. The light to the left of the button will illuminate to indicate when the feature is activated. The sensor to the right of the button does not illuminate.

This information can be found on page 77 of the Owner's Manual.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

jimbob
08-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Page 77 of my owners manual has a second page of instructions for Jump-Starting the car. Ours is a 500e, i suspect that the manual is slightly different. Thanks for the info, though, this is what i suspected.