PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500L TSB - Satellite Radio Button Doesn't Work

Fiat500USA
08-12-2013, 12:22 PM
RA3 Soft Touch SAT Button Does Not Work TSB 08-055-13

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the radio to 13.27.0 software level. The flash will remove
Satellite soft key the Soft Touch SAT Button on radios that do not have SAT.

MODELS:
2014 (BF) 500L

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before July 09, 2013 (MDH 0709XX) equipped with Uconnect 6.5A AM/FM/BT Voice (sales code RA3).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A customer may see a Sirius Satellite soft key (SAT button) on a vehicle that is not equipped with Sirius Satellite.

Vehicles equipped with SDARS (Satellite) and No SDARS (No Satellite) may have a fast reset condition of the radio while the navigation system is active.

Spancho
04-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks SO MUCH for your efforts in keeping owners informed. Much appreciated!

I'd like to get the Satellite Radio button off the screen of my 500L, since it's not really equipped with Satellite.

Do you have the TSB number so I can tell the tech?

Fiat500USA
04-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Thanks SO MUCH for your efforts in keeping owners informed. Much appreciated!

I'd like to get the Satellite Radio button off the screen of my 500L, since it's not really equipped with Satellite.

Do you have the TSB number so I can tell the tech?

Wow, I forgot that! Use this TSB # 08-031-14. This is the latest bulletin from April 8, 2014 and supersedes previous bulletins.

Spancho
04-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I'm dropping off my 500L Trekking for the P06 Automatic Transaxle Safety Recall in the next couple of hours. Because of your diligence on this forum, I'm also going to ask them to perform TSB 18-017-14 (Improved Engine Starting) and TSB 08-031-14 (Radio Software Enhancements).

I'm at 12,600 miles and have been so frustrated with weak engine start from day one. Also, my UConnect resets without warning, usually while using the Navigation. Hopefully these TSBs will remedy!

Question for you: Do you have any reports of drivers experiencing a 'crackling' type sound when using the radio? It's random and quick, sounds like a pebble hitting the windshield. No matter what station, no matter what location. Any TSB for that?

Thanks again for your work here!!

Fiat500USA
04-10-2014, 07:36 AM
This is what is listed:

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The 500L owner may notice one or more of the following.
Radio resets.
Radio sluggish performance.
Bluetooth dropped connections.
Hands free calling poor sounding.
Navigation GPS off location.
No GPS intermittently and off location.
Voice recognition poor. ** Sirius Satellite soft key (SAT button) on a vehicle that is not equipped with Sirius Satellite
** Vehicles equipped with SDARS (Satellite) and No SDARS (No Satellite) may have a fast reset condition of the radio while the navigation system is active.**