PDA

View Full Version : 500e Wheels

F500E
08-11-2013, 01:40 PM
New owner - Electric Orange with white Steam, love the car, my second electric vehicle (drove the Mini-E for one year)
Any idea if I can fit an aftermarket rims and wheels? I would like to get the Abarth 17 rims with 205/40R17 tires.
I know the 500e use the Low Rolling Resistance Tires Im willing to scarifies few miles in range for look.

Tweak
08-11-2013, 02:57 PM
New owner - Electric Orange with white Steam, love the car, my second electric vehicle (drove the Mini-E for one year)
Any idea if I can fit an aftermarket rims and wheels? I would like to get the Abarth 17” rims with 205/40R17 tires.
I know the 500e use the Low Rolling Resistance Tires I’m willing to scarifies few miles in range for look.

Welcome to the forum.

It is my understanding the Abarth suspension is used for the 500e but beyond that I cannot offer much advice, just take that into account as it may be of use to know for future mods.

Andree
08-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Any idea if I can fit an aftermarket rims and wheels? I would like to get the Abarth 17” rims with 205/40R17 tires.
I know the 500e use the Low Rolling Resistance Tires I’m willing to scarifies few miles in range for look.

The white wheels, yes? I want to see a picture if you do it.

I like the orange accent on the eSport wheels, and wonder how they would look if the black part was painted white, leaving the orange accent.

And congrats! I adore the white interior.

Andree
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

It is my understanding the Abarth suspension is used for the 500e but beyond that I cannot offer much advice, just take that into account as it may be of use to know for future mods.

I didn't know that. Is it because the car is heavier with the battery?

Tweak
08-11-2013, 06:24 PM

That'd be my guess but that is all it is, a guess. I had read they used the Abarth suspension for it but someone with more info can confirm and elaborate. :)

I don't know the weight of the 500e battery but in the Tesla Roadster it is 900lbs but when I rode around in it didn't seem heavy with all the torque on tap.

F500E
08-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Yes the extra 600lb of the battery require the Abarth suspension.

The white wheels, yes? I want to see a picture if you do it.
Personally I like the black ones that are an option on the Abrath. Need to find out if they can fit the 500e.

Fiat500USA
08-11-2013, 07:19 PM
They use the control arms from the Abarth, but the suspension calibration is different and, from what I recall, there is no rear sway bar. The car also uses staggered wheel widths front/back. Remember, the 500e has a 57/43 (compared to Fiat 500’s 64/36) front-to-rear weight distribution.

The car also uses the reinforced axle beam from the Fiat 500 Abarth.

More: Fiat 500e at the Detroit Auto Show (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2013/01/fiat-500e-at-detroit-auto-show.html)