PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Dealers

blacter
08-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Do any of you want to share experiences -- good or bad -- with Bay Area dealers? I'm on the waiting list for a 500e at Capitol FIAT in San Jose and -- so far --have been favorably impressed with the process and the salesman.

msjulie33
08-11-2013, 01:32 AM
That's where I take mine for service; they weren't open when I got it so it was ordered from Fremont. Not impressed with sales folks there at all, no real service experience because by the time it was ready for first visit (oil change) Capitol was open. The VW's in the family also go there..

lammie200
08-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I had a decent sales experience at Burlingame. Better trade-in value on a 17 year old Volvo with a broken odometer than I thought that I would get. I have heard that service there sucks though. Barring anything major I will be doing maintenance myself anyway. I have heard better things about service in San Jose and Berkeley.

There is a new dealership being constructed in San Francisco on Van Ness right now. Lucky for Chrysler/Fiat that the building was renovated recently to be a Ford dealership. For some reason that went under very quickly.

FYI. There were four Fiats on jet skis in McCovey cove at yesterday's baseball game. My wife got to go, but I had to work.:anger:

goforjamie
08-12-2013, 09:03 PM
I've had a good experience with McKevitt in Berkeley & they appear to have a pretty good rap around the forums. Honored the 500e lease deal with no struggling.

Jamie
--
Moderator of the Google+ 500e Community

GasLess
08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Crown Concord Fiat did not honor the lease rate. I cannot recommend them. They lied.

tpoltron
08-21-2013, 02:42 PM
I found Fremont to be useless. They 'put my name on the list' twice for the 500e, but I never heard back. So I called Burlingame who said they were taking deposits and put a deposit on the $199 lease deal. They got me the car but didn't honor the deal so I can't recommend them either.