PDA

View Full Version : TSB 23-029-13- Side Glass Inoperable

Fiat500USA
08-09-2013, 07:43 PM
New Service Bulletin for certain Fiat 500s built before the following date with side door glass that is inoperable, binds and/or moves slow.

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting the door glass guide for excessive material and if
necessary replacing the door glass and glass run weatherstrip.
MODELS:
2012- 2013 FF Fiat 500
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built prior to September 14, 2012 (MDH
0914XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Side Door Glass Is Inoperable, Binds And/Or Moves Slow.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer describes the Symptom/Condition, proceed to the repair procedure..

luckymoi
08-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Hey Chris, another reason to own the Cabrio!

Fiat500USA
08-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey Chris, another reason to own the Cabrio!

Yeah! laugh2 I could definitely see myself driving a Cabrio. Love 'em!

Robert Nixon
08-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Would this apply to all models Pop thru Abarth?

Fiat500USA
08-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Would this apply to all models Pop thru Abarth?

Yes.

Andree
08-12-2013, 07:30 AM
I suppose that explains why the windows make a sound when rolling up in the heat and are somewhat slower. But I think my car was built after that.

Where is the "MDH" date located?

Fiat500USA
08-12-2013, 01:02 PM
I suppose that explains why the windows make a sound when rolling up in the heat and are somewhat slower. But I think my car was built after that.

Where is the "MDH" date located?

MDH stands for "Month-Day-Hour" and is on a sticker in the drivers door. It is in the lower left part of the sticker and has the month, day and hour spelled out.

Read how to decipher your MDH here: Decoding the Fiat 500 VIN (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2013/08/decoding-fiat-500-vin.html)

Robert Nixon
08-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Fiat500USA,

Thanks again for all you do here in keeping the information going. I've always been told that any new car (or any new product) will likely have some bugs to be worked out, and overall I am still very happy with my Fiat Abarth. Having this forum is a big part of that, and we all appreciate having a solid source for factual information, and a place to vent or talk trash about other car related stuff too!

Fiat500USA
08-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Fiat500USA,

Thanks again for all you do here in keeping the information going. I've always been told that any new car (or any new product) will likely have some bugs to be worked out, and overall I am still very happy with my Fiat Abarth. Having this forum is a big part of that, and we all appreciate having a solid source for factual information, and a place to vent or talk trash about other car related stuff too!

Thanks! I'm glad you and everyone else stops by here to visit. I love hanging out talking about cars especially with folks that own the same car!

hotpop
02-18-2015, 03:48 PM
My passenger window went down about 2 months ago and would not go back up.
I took my 2012 Fiat 500C into the dealership for repair, they rolled the window up (permanently) and I was told the 'part' needed to be ordered and there was no ETA.
I stopped back in mid January and was assured the part was in fact ordered and the ETA was now end of January/early February...
it's now Feb 18th and I called again. Only to be told the new 'Estimate' and yes.. she emphasized that was an estimate was end of March.
It's top down weather here in Arizona and this is really starting to anger me. I'm just not confident that anything is being done.

Who can I reach out to to get the facts on this issue.
PS.. I really love my car... just not a fan of people runnin' the show at my dealership.

doverosx
02-21-2015, 12:08 PM
My passenger window went down about 2 months ago and would not go back up.
I took my 2012 Fiat 500C into the dealership for repair, they rolled the window up (permanently) and I was told the 'part' needed to be ordered and there was no ETA.
I stopped back in mid January and was assured the part was in fact ordered and the ETA was now end of January/early February...
it's now Feb 18th and I called again. Only to be told the new 'Estimate' and yes.. she emphasized that was an estimate was end of March.
It's top down weather here in Arizona and this is really starting to anger me. I'm just not confident that anything is being done.

Who can I reach out to to get the facts on this issue.
PS.. I really love my car... just not a fan of people runnin' the show at my dealership.

Call FIAT Corporate or FIAT Cares.

ReconTopher
05-02-2015, 12:29 AM
Mine just fell off the track today and is rattling around. I complained about it to my dealer multiple times, and they kept telling me it was just sticky weather stripping. When I rolled down the window, I kept hearing a metal ping noise.

So off it goes to the dealer next week, it will also be the 4th repair for the side skirts, 2nd repair for the steering shaft, missing battery bolts from when they replaced the 3rd brake light assembly on my cabrio. Also the driver's seat mount moves forward and backwards, and left to right about 1/2 inch and I think the back of the seat does it too.

FiatCares
05-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Mine just fell off the track today and is rattling around. I complained about it to my dealer multiple times, and they kept telling me it was just sticky weather stripping. When I rolled down the window, I kept hearing a metal ping noise.

So off it goes to the dealer next week, it will also be the 4th repair for the side skirts, 2nd repair for the steering shaft, missing battery bolts from when they replaced the 3rd brake light assembly on my cabrio. Also the driver's seat mount moves forward and backwards, and left to right about 1/2 inch and I think the back of the seat does it too.

Hi ReconTopher,
I’m sorry to hear about this experience. Do you already have an appointment made with your local FIAT studio? If you’d like to PM me your VIN#, contact information, and the name of the dealership you’re working with, I’d be happy to work with your studio to assist you through the repair process.

ShooterBobSC
06-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Hi ReconTopher,
Im sorry to hear about this experience. Do you already have an appointment made with your local FIAT studio? If youd like to PM me your VIN#, contact information, and the name of the dealership youre working with, Id be happy to work with your studio to assist you through the repair process.

My latest issue too... :(

Looking at the part only and DIY... There are weak points between the two side that it broke on. Know for liability it can't crush walnuts, but it should be able to roll up and down a bunch.

Oh and Thanks again Erica for your help before...