PDA

View Full Version : Beats components installed where/when?

streetsurfer
08-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Are the beats components installed at the normal point in the assembly line in lieu of the stock system, or is it all replaced after assembly of the vehicle is complete? If it happens to be the latter, where is this done? At Mexico production plant, elsewhere in Mexico, or at the US destination points?

I don't think I want Beats at all, but I surely don't want it if it's at an aftermarket stereo shop or post assembly at the plant that they are removing door and other trim panels, dash, etc., to replace things. I can't help but wonder if this might be one possible source of early onset RSS (rattle and squeak syndrome), possible electrical gremlins, or other mentioned body and trim damage noticed by people shortly after receipt of a vehicle.

Thank you kindly!

stratofortress
08-15-2013, 12:21 AM
It's definitely done on the line.

I work for a major OEM audio manufacturer and you'd lose insane amounts of efficiency and Chrysler doesn't want chargeback work from shady dealers or whoever else. If it's a factory option, they're not gonna warranty it if the QC check isn't done on the line.

streetsurfer
08-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Thank you much.

deathshead
08-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Its also simply an Alpine stereo system with the stupid licensed beats logo on it.
Its a pretty impressive little system and sounds great, add some higher efficiency speakers and it will really kick.