PDA

View Full Version : Bay area back roads

PE #389
08-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Seems like there's decent weather this weekend so I am going on a drive tomorrow. Any of these routes seem interesting to anyone? If so feel free to join me...if you have a cb radio, bring it along.

Ciao ciao
PE #389

lammie200
08-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Seems like there's decent weather this weekend so I am going on a drive tomorrow. Any of these routes seem interesting to anyone? If so feel free to join me...if you have a cb radio, bring it along.

Ciao ciao
PE #389

They all look like fun to me. I have done the Marin drive by car, by motorcycle, and by 60's Italian Lambretta motorscooter many times. I have driven by car various aspects of the other two maps as well. Too bad I am busy this weekend or I would be into joining you.

PE #389
08-09-2013, 04:10 PM
No worries. I might do a recon drive looking for some off map roads then lead a couple of cars in a couple of weeks. Must be a great experience riding these routes, i see motorcyclists having a blast too.

msjulie33
08-09-2013, 05:14 PM
No worries. I might do a recon drive looking for some off map roads then lead a couple of cars in a couple of weeks. Must be a great experience riding these routes, i see motorcyclists having a blast too.

Plan a sunday am run some day in the next few weeks? :)

PE #389
08-09-2013, 07:38 PM

That's what aiming for, but want to make sure it's a fun route that has a lot of twists!!

PE #389

PE #389
08-21-2013, 07:50 PM

Ok, so this Sunday, if anyone would like to join me for a Fiats and Coffee run, me and a buddy shall be taking the backroads from Oakland to Castro Valley. We shall have some Peets coffee in Castro Valley before heading back. Its probably a couple hours or less for the drive. We plan on a having a spirited run...lol...so please feel free to come and have some fun!! Target time to meet in downtown Oakland is 9am or 10am

PE #389
Ciao ciao!!

JoeB
08-21-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm at the IndyCar race at Sonoma this Sunday, but I'm good to go for a run any Sunday after that. I'll keep checking here.

PE #389
08-21-2013, 08:07 PM
No worries!

msjulie33
08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Hmm interesting, a bit north for me though...

msjulie33
08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm at the IndyCar race at Sonoma this Sunday, but I'm good to go for a run any Sunday after that. I'll keep checking here.

That would be cool, tickets pricey?

JoeB
08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
I think it's pretty reasonable for all the racing you get. I bought a 3-day for Turn 2, which is actually General Admission on Fri/Sat. The place isn't very crowded the first two days, so I roam all over and sit at different corners for different sightlines, then settle in to my reserved seat on Sunday. I also purchased a Garage Pass for Fri/Sat when I'll be there by myself. My daughter's coming Sunday so we'll pretty much stay put in Turn 2 for the big race.

The website ordering is kinda wonkey, so it's best to call for tickets now and pick them up at Will Call when you get there. Come check it out! There'll be FIATs racing in Pirelli World Challenge!

http://www.racesonoma.com/tickets/gopro_indy_grand_prix_of_sonoma/

mr_robs
08-23-2013, 04:07 AM
This sunday im heading to waterworks on the bay, a euro show that started up in Seattle. Last year was an awesome turnout, definitely down for a sunday cruise in the bay area sometime. I'm in san jose and frequently do highway 9, 17, & 1 late at night with friends.

PE #389
08-23-2013, 12:48 PM
This sunday im heading to waterworks on the bay, a euro show that started up in Seattle. Last year was an awesome turnout, definitely down for a sunday cruise in the bay area sometime. I'm in san jose and frequently do highway 9, 17, & 1 late at night with friends.

Ok, I shall keep you in mind for next time. I googled waterworks on the bay and couldnt distinguish from the different events. Can you please post a link to the correct one...thanks.