PDA

View Full Version : What is this part

DS Ocampo
08-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Ok what is this and how does it work? Reason why is you see the line sucked dry?? It keeps doing that but I don't know why

The gold in color round part

Is it a pressure line blowing into the part or vacuum line pulling...

Would this make my car keep popping codes about hill start brake assist and keep car around 6psi??73237324

redred
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Ummmm... that definitely does NOT look stock, whatever it is. I don't believe Fiat used any cable ties (or red hose) in the car.

shagghie
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok what is this and how does it work? Reason why is you see the line sucked dry?? It keeps doing that but I don't know why

The gold in color round part

Is it a pressure line blowing into the part or vacuum line pulling...

Would this make my car keep popping codes about hill start brake assist and keep car around 6psi??73237324

It's probably more a factor of the silicone not having enough rigidity to withstand the vacuum inside. Where did you source the silicone from?

DS Ocampo
08-07-2013, 07:26 PM
No I put that on to test it out... Is it supposed to have vacuum ?? Car just runs ruff..

You have your BOV tied into that line right shagghie??

DS Ocampo
08-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Pepboys :/ ... Yea I noticed .. Car even with the stronger black line I got keeps going into limp mode...

But.. If I take the MMBOX off it runs a higher boost and doesn't stall out... Wait yes it did a few times

With box on stock gauge 12psi
Without on stock gauge 18-20 psi

Car keeps going into limp mode tho ????
I do notice a whistle sound from 3psi on up from the left side...

Before I found the gasket from the DP was not sealed could this affect the car like that??

Bad plug maybe?? It's 16000 miles haven't changed them

trevc
08-08-2013, 09:59 AM
That looks like the vacuum line you run from the brake booster to the Forge BOV. It should have a strong vacuum on it and would explain why you get brake related errors.
Something aint right. Did you fit the abrake boost adapter correctly?

From SuperTony
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9877-Tips-on-installing-the-Forge-BOV-(by-popular-request)&p=611364#post611364
NOW REFERENCE THE SCHEMATIC AND PARTS LIST

- take hose A and insert onto the brake line hose nipple where the brake line just came from
- insert the 6mm T connector (#12) into hose A
- Insert the SHORT SIDE of the silver aluminum 6mm adapter (#9) in one end of hose B
- Insert the open end of hose B onto the opposing side of the T connector (#12)
- Insert hose C into the T exit of the 6mm connector and route the hose around the back of the engine bay
- Firmly click the open end of the aluminum brake line connector (#9) into the OEM brake vacuum line you unplugged in the first step - this will make a FIRM click connection

DJ Sueno
08-08-2013, 10:13 AM
What other vacuum sources are available to tap into?

shagghie
08-08-2013, 12:30 PM
are you running the Forge BOV then? Per TrevC, make sure that you did that part of the routing correclty. The Forge instructions for the MiTo were unclear and I almost ended up cutting into the stock OEM brake vacuum line itself, which would have been a no-no. Did you use the metal alloy tube fitting to mate to the factory brake vacuum line off the engine block hidden under the emissions canister?

DS Ocampo
08-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Yea I did it just like the figure that was provided

musicsurf
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't know if this could cause it but is the brake booster line that the metal fitting goes into kinked by the firewall? It sits at kind of a weird angle. When you were having problems before did you take out the BOV? Maybe there is something in the line?

DS Ocampo
08-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Hmmm ill check it out... Good idea .. Brakes feel fine tho still the same from day one ...

I've been pulling the plastic tubes and replacing them all with black 6m tube..

Like I said no MMBOX stock psi is 18-21
With box it's 0-12ishhh .. When I left off gas or inbetween shifts it jumps to 18 then back down ..

trevc
08-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Sounds like it may be the MM box in that case.
Those boxes seem to have more issues than others (at least based on forum posts).
Maybe hook it up to a PC and check the program on it or call Madness?

Hmmm ill check it out... Good idea .. Brakes feel fine tho still the same from day one ...

I've been pulling the plastic tubes and replacing them all with black 6m tube..

Like I said no MMBOX stock psi is 18-21
With box it's 0-12ishhh .. When I left off gas or inbetween shifts it jumps to 18 then back down ..

DS Ocampo
08-09-2013, 11:50 AM
The box was sent in already .. Checked out fine :)... Just something with this car

musicsurf
08-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't know. It does make sense that if it works when the box comes out and doesn't when the box goes back in, that it is the source of the problem. I know this is a stupid question and I am not in any way trying to be insulting, but does the MM box have to points to link into the wiring harness like the other boxes? If so, is there any chance they are reversed?

Tweak
08-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I don't know. It does make sense that if it works when the box comes out and doesn't when the box goes back in, that it is the source of the problem. I know this is a stupid question and I am not in any way trying to be insulting, but does the MM box have to points to link into the wiring harness like the other boxes? If so, is there any chance they are reversed?

If the MM is like the TMC the length of the cables and design of the plugs themselves it won't allow for improper installation. I actually think the cables look the same for the MM and TMC but I am not 100% certain.

DS Ocampo
08-10-2013, 12:11 AM
One is four pin the others is two or three... Can't switch them if I tried lol...

Just noticed I don't hear that weird air leak sound with the box off. Only at over 15 ill hear it.. Hmmm

Gonna check that hard plastic tube the box plugs into under the battery maybe it's cracked

musicsurf
08-10-2013, 12:20 AM
One is four pin the others is two or three... Can't switch them if I tried lol...

Just noticed I don't hear that weird air leak sound with the box off. Only at over 15 ill hear it.. Hmmm

Gonna check that hard plastic tube the box plugs into under the battery maybe it's cracked

Are you talking about the charge pipe? If it was cracked I am sure you would hear it box or no box. Maybe there is a short in the wiring harness for the box. That seems like a good possibility if the box was checked by just plugging it in and it was okay.

musicsurf
08-10-2013, 12:21 AM
If the MM is like the TMC the length of the cables and design of the plugs themselves it won't allow for improper installation. I actually think the cables look the same for the MM and TMC but I am not 100% certain.

I didn't actually realize that as I never compared the two when I hooked everything up. That's good to know though.