PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Cleveland with a 500L

jabird101
08-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Hello my name is Jim and I have a month old dark gray 500L. I hope to have it back soon as in one month I have had it in my possession for a total of four days. The day after I bought it it developed a misfire, and while at the dealer for that, they had a flood and it went under water enough to soak the carpets.

I have been lied to by the dealer that still doesn't know how the water got in there.:BS: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_summit/More-than-a-thousand-cars-to-be-moved-from-Fred-Martin-car-dealership-in-Barberton-due-to-flooding

Fiat North America tells me there is nothing they can do about a dealer lying to me. gun2
The dealer refuses to do anything telling me it must have been an act of god since they moved it before it got wet. angelgrin
I turned it in to my insurance and they are going to go after the dealership.

I did inspect all of the wiring when the shop took it apart, and there was no connectors that got wet. I am satisfied to get the carpet and padding replaced.
I have had my insurance company try to return the car to me with switches hanging out and other things not completed and a new dent in the door. :nono: I have been assured by my agent that he, not a company adjuster, that the car is perfect now.

I hope to have it back tomorrow and put all of this behind me and start enjoying my new 500L. :eagerness:

So...

Hello:wavey:

I promise not to use this many emoticons in any posts, I just had to play...

Tweak
08-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your issues, hope things get resolved soon.

That is a LOT of emoticons you've used there. :D

DIVSAbarth500
08-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about these issues. Hopefully the car is back tomorrow good as new and the rest of your ownership experience will be a pleasant one.

NGEN
08-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Nice to see another Grigio 500L owner! :) :) :)

Wait till you see what we are doing to ours. Welcome to the forum and hope you get yours back soon.

jabird101
08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Just got a call from my agent. As part of removing the center console, you have to remove the dash heater control bezel. When doing this the finished surface is heat fused to the structural tabs, clips and whatnot. When pulling this apart one of these joints popped apart. The ordered a new one from Fiat and the part they received was broken. They then ordered another one and it was broken in the same way. They asked Fiat to find and ship a good one. Fiat couldn't they confirmed that all of the spares at the US warehouse were broken.

The body shop is going to glue my original one back together to get the car back to me. Fiat is going to send them a good part, as soon as they have one to replace the one on my car.

So I now have everything complete except the dash. I can live with that for now until the good part comes in. They completely replaced the carpet and padding, which by the way on the 500L is about 1.5 inches thick and holds quite a bit of water. Pop open the wiring hatch under the front seats to see how thick the padding is...WOW it is thick. No wonder it is so quiet inside.

They also changed the front seat belt pretensioners since they might have gone underwater and wouldn't fire in the case of an accident ($107 each) and all of the sill pieces since they got flexed and showed stress marks from removal.

The work the shop did is really good. My only concern is the final inspection guy seemed to not notice wires sticking out and a dent in the passenger door on a brand new car. The were able to do paint less dent removal on the dent. There isn't a mark even under close inspection with a hand held light.

So back on the road again for one Fiat 500L. Yesterday it was a full month old, hopefully I can now start enjoying it.

DMike
08-28-2013, 12:54 PM
jabird,
Glad you will be driving your 500L soon. I just picked up my 500L Trekking (White) last Thursday evening and my wife and I really like it a lot! Have put almost 400 miles on it so far. We traded in a 2010 Equinox for this. Our studio is Classic Fiat of Mentor. Where did you get yours?

jabird101
08-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Welcome DMike. I purchased the 500L at Fred Martin in Barberton. But since the issues outlined above I am now utilizing Fiat of Strongsville. It is right up the road from me since I am in Parma Heights. Now that everything besides the climate control trim is fixed, I love my 500L Lounge. It is a big change from my Honda Fit. It is an actual car to enjoy and not just transportation. I hope to see you around some time. I have seen one other L in Mayfield on SOM center two weeks ago.

Andree
08-29-2013, 03:12 AM
Welcome DMike. I purchased the 500L at Fred Martin in Barberton. But since the issues outlined above I am now utilizing Fiat of Strongsville. It is right up the road from me since I am in Parma Heights. Now that everything besides the climate control trim is fixed, I love my 500L Lounge. It is a big change from my Honda Fit. It is an actual car to enjoy and not just transportation. I hope to see you around some time. I have seen one other L in Mayfield on SOM center two weeks ago.

Hey jabird101, my last car was a Honda Fit too. I had the 2009 base automatic. White with the gray interior. The front seat was trying to kill me, via poking into my lower back in my already painful area. I swear those seats made my back WORSE over the years. Or maybe my back just got worse over the years anyway. LOL.

I too love my 500 Lounge. Except it doesn't have the extra L, just a regular 500. I've been using the heated seats just about every time I have to go somewhere. It's back therapy in the Fiat, which sure beats the back torture in the Fit.

Andree
08-29-2013, 03:17 AM
jabird,
Glad you will be driving your 500L soon. I just picked up my 500L Trekking (White) last Thursday evening and my wife and I really like it a lot! Have put almost 400 miles on it so far. We traded in a 2010 Equinox for this. Our studio is Classic Fiat of Mentor. Where did you get yours?

Howdy DMike!

Just curious here, what are the main improvements of having the Fiat over the Equinox?