PDA

View Full Version : New 2013 Abarth Cabrio owner in Vancouver BC

danglez
08-06-2013, 12:25 AM
I've been lurking in this forum for over a month now and on June 30 2013 is when I took delivery of my Bianco Abarth Cabrio! As all you fellow Abarth owners know, this car just brings pure happiness from the moment you start it. The worst part of the day is parking it when you get back home!

It was really tough to decide on the cabrio or coupe, But the deal breaker was the sound of the exhaust note when the top is down!:eagerness:

Kurumi
08-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Congrats on your Cabrio purchase. You chose the best color as well. :p

Better get that checkbook out cause the mod list is endless. :)

Fiat500USA
08-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car! The Abarth Cabrio sounds awesome with the top down. I am tempted to get one because of that alone!

danglez
08-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Congrats on your Cabrio purchase. You chose the best color as well. :p

Better get that checkbook out cause the mod list is endless. :)

Thanks! It takes some crazy will power to stop from going overboard with the mods... slowly but surely... I will fall victim. :P

ReconTopher
08-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Get the Raggtopp cleaner/protectant kit for the fabric roof asap! Also watch the weatherstrip in the trunk and the A pillars where the tweeters are. When it gets hot, the A pillars will pop out and get wavy.

danglez
08-06-2013, 02:37 AM
Get the Raggtopp cleaner/protectant kit for the fabric roof asap! Also watch the weatherstrip in the trunk and the A pillars where the tweeters are. When it gets hot, the A pillars will pop out and get wavy.

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated! I picked up the Auto Glym convertible top System (cleaner/protector) Water beads off nicely on it.
Has that A pillar and trunk weatherstrip issue happend to yours?

Robert Nixon
08-06-2013, 06:03 AM
congrats and welcome to the Abarth family!

Dwaynek
08-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Welcome from the other side of the pond!

Tweak
08-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

As stated on the other forum I really like the black on white more than the red on white.

ReconTopher
08-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated! I picked up the Auto Glym convertible top System (cleaner/protector) Water beads off nicely on it.
Has that A pillar and trunk weatherstrip issue happend to yours?

Yeah it has. The weatherstrip I noticed about 500 miles, the right side had come loose, about 8 inches or so. The A pillars I noticed after a couple of hot days and I got in the car and the inner side (close to driver's window) had popped out of the groove and the farther side (closer to windshield) was all wavy. I need to take some pics and post them on here. I'm waiting for first service to take it to the dealer and have them order new ones.

msjulie33
08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Yeah it has. The weatherstrip I noticed about 500 miles, the right side had come loose, about 8 inches or so. The A pillars I noticed after a couple of hot days and I got in the car and the inner side (close to driver's window) had popped out of the groove and the farther side (closer to windshield) was all wavy. I need to take some pics and post them on here. I'm waiting for first service to take it to the dealer and have them order new ones.

I thought we had some sweltering days up here (San Fran area) but I've yet to see any issue with my car's interior plastics regarding coming apart,etc.. the d*mn suction cup phone holder falls off all the time when it gets hot though..

My car's interior is ivory not black, is that enough to keep the heat effects at bay I wonder?

danglez
08-08-2013, 01:24 AM

Checked my A pillars and there is a very minor separation on my driver side. Like you said it is a bit wavy. Will keep my eye on it. My weatherstripping in the trunk is still good.
I probably wouldn't have noticed that had you not pointed it out. Thanks ReconTopher!

DIVSAbarth500
08-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Welcome aboard and congrats on the Cab.

ReconTopher
08-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh, I forgot one thing. Let me know if when you have the top down and the drivers window all the way down, do you hear a super loud squeal from the air that comes into the car and goes into the hole where the seat belt retracts? I had to stuff a washcloth into there to quiet it down. Thanks. :)

djhace
08-12-2013, 02:44 PM
sweeeeeeeet. congrats!