PDA

View Full Version : MM power pack review

jingnai2
08-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Hello guys, I just had the MM power pack install last week from 500 Madness, so far everything seem working really well, lots power gain. First I was trying to put the setting to 0 which is the stock mode, but whats the point of this upgreat if you never gona use it, so I put it to mode 1 for daily driving now. Everything is really smooth, wouldn't recommand mode 2 for daily driver, its too jumpy and waste gas. So which mode do you guys use for daily driver, also I'm planning to have coilover kit install soon, what brand coilovers do you guys recommande. Thank you for reading my post7297

Long_John
08-05-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't recommend St's by KW. I'll be posting my disappointing review soon.

shagghie
08-05-2013, 07:32 PM
i Had some 'mixed' results with some coilovers too. I am 10x's happier with Neu-F springs with their linear rear springrates, combined with Koni Yellows. The stock fakie FSD's up front seem to do really well, despite not being spec'd for lowered rides. I'll ride those until they fail or suck and then by then the Koni yellow fronts will be out.

If you still want adjust-ability, however, I'd wait for the Fortune coilovers to come out... wait as long as you can anyway...

Tweak
08-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I did a goPedal recently and set it to the most aggressive mode at first but for daily driving it is just nuts, went down from Sport+ to Sport mode and am still toying with the curve ranges. Huge difference made though that's for sure. I have my TMC unit at the highest level at all time though. ;)

As for coilovers, BC, Bilstein, Fortune eventually. I agree with the statement above on the ST coils though, I had issue with them as well and read of some others stating the same so I'd avoid those personally.

Abarth Five O
08-06-2013, 02:16 AM
I usually run setting 1 or 2 for DD. Setting 1 has more low end kick while setting 2 has more top end boost. It's nice to have this variety for different driving conditions based on your preference at the switch of a button. I have BCs and am very happy w/ them, but if I had to do it all over again, it would be Bilsteins all the way.

davidjon_99
08-06-2013, 07:26 AM
I really miss my MM ECU module. Had to send it in for testing after it started causing a P0069 CEL. I feel like I'm driving a different car now that I no longer have it installed. Non-sport mode feels like I'm dragging a ton of bricks behind me. Where's the power? I used to run the MM module in #1 and the car in non-sport mode about 90% of the time. Felt much stronger than sport mode feels without the module. Thank goodness I have a Sprint Booster, otherwise I would be rolled in a ball and sobbing right now. It's very true when people say "You never know how much you miss something until it's gone".

As for coilovers, I decided just to go with lowering springs for now. Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni Yellow shocks on the rear. As someone else mentioned, the front FSD struts in front do very well. I'll probably keep them even when Koni comes out with yellows for the front. The Koni shocks on the rear made a huge difference. I also suggest a RRM rear torsion bar. That too makes a huge difference.

MAZ
08-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't recommend St's by KW. I'll be posting my disappointing review soon.
Happy with my KW V1's.
Wish it was a tab lower in the rear, no biggie.
The ride quality is awesome imo.

Jjm4life
08-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Happy with my KW V1's.
Wish it was a tab lower in the rear, no biggie.
The ride quality is awesome imo.

my sentiments exactly.

like my mm box as well. at least until a real tune is available.

NORCAL SS
08-07-2013, 02:52 AM
i have the kw v1s less than 10 miles. I tought they were stiff my buddy said they are prefect. i had them custom powder coated also its in the for sale section