PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with 500L Bluetooth??

greathouk
08-05-2013, 02:23 PM
I have a wonderful new 500L and my only complaint is that my Bluetooth microphone is not able to pick up my voice well enough to use it. I love the ability to go "hands-free" but the person on the other end of the line can't hear me. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the microphone sensitivity?

Tweak
08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I have a wonderful new 500L and my only complaint is that my Bluetooth microphone is not able to pick up my voice well enough to use it. I love the ability to go "hands-free" but the person on the other end of the line can't hear me. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the microphone sensitivity?

I haven't the knowledge of the L and its offerings but I would like to welcome you to the forum.

Cammilla500L
08-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Congrats on the new car! I love mine!

You might go by and ask your dealer if they can help you. I've had to go back and ask a few questions.

Andree
08-06-2013, 04:03 AM

I can't find a way to adjust the microphone sensitivity, just a note on page 42 of the User's Guide:
For best performance, adjust the rearview mirror to provide at least 1⁄2 inch (1 cm) gap between the overhead console (if equipped) and the mirror.This creates an unobstructed path to the microphone on the overhead console.

Have you tried calling more than one person? Because it might not be YOUR phone, and could be THEIR phone.

I know I have problems with my cellphone, when it's dying, or sometimes just being in the building, I just can't hear the other end too well, and there is breaking up. Other times, it's a perfect phone. So it's part my phone for draining out the battery and part where I'm located.

My landline is awful, last call I had on it had other voices over the person who was talking to me. Weird. Like an echo. I think that has to do with the computer connection into the same line. I have to sit down with the various plugs provided and test them out all sometime. It's supposed to help with that noise and the connection.

So if you have a chance to test out a few different numbers, try that. Even calling the dealership would be a good test, while you're AT the dealership. You check inside first, then call them from outside, and you can both switch places so you can hear what the person on the other end is hearing, while they check the car's microphone and talk into it to you.

nolalou
08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
You also might want to check your phone. Have you tried with a different phone, or have you tried your phone with another bluetooth 'hands free' system?

FiatCACares
08-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Greathouk,

How are you liking the 500L so far?

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns with the Bluetooth microphone. Have you been able to try the suggestions Andree or Nolalou suggested? If you are still having problems I would recommend reviewing with your servicing studio. If you would like additional assistance please feel free to PM me.

greathouk
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Greathouk,

How are you liking the 500L so far?

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns with the Bluetooth microphone. Have you been able to try the suggestions Andree or Nolalou suggested? If you are still having problems I would recommend reviewing with your servicing studio. If you would like additional assistance please feel free to PM me.

Hi Katie,
I have tried various people at different times from separate locations. THe result is always the same. I can hear them really well and they can't hear me at all. As soon as I hold the phone to my ear, they can hear me just fine. I am a petite woman, 5'1, which ironically is one of the reasons I chose FIAT. I think the distance from the microphone to my body (probably 10-12 inches) is too far for the microphone to pick up my voice. It seems to be more of a design issue and not an issue with what is in the car. Maybe something to consider for future models? I have never had trouble with the clip-on visor style, so it seems something on the dash would work better than up by the mirror.

Still, I love the wonderful headroom and have been thoroughly enjoying the drive! My husband can't wait to buy a 500 of his own!

jfitz
08-16-2013, 04:16 PM
we don't have an issue with our bluetooth I can hear my wife real good and clear when she calls

FiatCACares
08-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi Katie,
I have tried various people at different times from separate locations. THe result is always the same. I can hear them really well and they can't hear me at all. As soon as I hold the phone to my ear, they can hear me just fine. I am a petite woman, 5'1, which ironically is one of the reasons I chose FIAT. I think the distance from the microphone to my body (probably 10-12 inches) is too far for the microphone to pick up my voice. It seems to be more of a design issue and not an issue with what is in the car. Maybe something to consider for future models? I have never had trouble with the clip-on visor style, so it seems something on the dash would work better than up by the mirror.

Still, I love the wonderful headroom and have been thoroughly enjoying the drive! My husband can't wait to buy a 500 of his own!

Greathouk,

I am glad to know that you are so pleased with your Fiat. We certainly appreciate the feedback and suggestions provided by our customers. If you do have any questions in the future please PM me as I am happy to help.

Welcome to the Fiat 500 USA forum and congratulations on your new Fiat 500L!! :)

Jacobbs87
02-18-2014, 05:00 PM
I got my car a little over a week ago and having the same type of issue with the bluetooth. It seems that when ever I am going over 50mph no one can hear me unless i am yelling but can hear me perfectly when below that speed. I do a lot of freeway driving and it is a major problem for me. I have been in contact with the dealership and they are trying to find a solution. So i am hoping that maybe its a bad mic rather than how it is designed. Other wise I love the car!

Tweak
02-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I got my car a little over a week ago and having the same type of issue with the bluetooth. It seems that when ever I am going over 50mph no one can hear me unless i am yelling but can hear me perfectly when below that speed. I do a lot of freeway driving and it is a major problem for me. I have been in contact with the dealership and they are trying to find a solution. So i am hoping that maybe its a bad mic rather than how it is designed. Other wise I love the car!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the car, hope your issue is resolved quickly and easily!

Jacobbs87
02-21-2014, 12:04 PM
I found the solution to fixing the microphone issue. My dealership never came back with any kind of help or ideas to fix the issue. I took it upon myself to take down the overhead plastic piece and found that the microphone wasn't where is was supposed to be, kinda loose in the head liner. Once i placed it in the groove where it was supposed to be it fixed the problem. Now the connect system works perfecto and everyone can hear me at no matter what speed I'm going. You will need a star screw driver though to unscrew the screw under the conversation mirror to get to it.

Tweak
02-21-2014, 06:14 PM
I found the solution to fixing the microphone issue. My dealership never came back with any kind of help or ideas to fix the issue. I took it upon myself to take down the overhead plastic piece and found that the microphone wasn't where is was supposed to be, kinda loose in the head liner. Once i placed it in the groove where it was supposed to be it fixed the problem. Now the connect system works perfecto and everyone can hear me at no matter what speed I'm going. You will need a star screw driver though to unscrew the screw under the conversation mirror to get to it.

Glad it was an easy fix and thanks for sharing the resolution!

markinmad
02-24-2014, 01:18 PM
As soon as I hold the phone to my ear, they can hear me just fine.

That sounds like the mic in the phone is still active during the bluetooth connected call. If that's the case, and your phone isn't near your mouth I could see why the people on the other end couldn't hear you. Now why is your phone leaving it's mic active and not using the one in the car, that's the question.

Sassy Pants
09-13-2015, 04:42 PM
How did you take the plastic cover off to fix this problem...I'm having the same issue and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!
where is the headliner? Is it where the mirror is?