PDA

View Full Version : MPX TB vs. TORK TB

LittleEvil
08-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Trying to make a decision on one of these, any input will be great. I know the MPX is a great piece fully reworked. The Tork piece is just borded and tapered retains the stock flap. But again some issues have come up with the MPX while i have not heard anything about the Tork having issues. Price is also a difference, the MPX is about $190, while the Tork is $125 with a $50 core refund. So again, any input will be greatly appreciated.

musicsurf
08-02-2013, 05:46 PM
I can't speak to the quality of the Tork TB, but the MPX is a quality piece. I think the issues that have arisen with the MPX TB is because it is a fully reworked piece and is more susceptible to a mistake in reassembly. I believe that if you are going to go to the trouble of boring the TB out then replacing the screws and butterfly to allow the air to flow better only makes sense. That's just my opinion though.

Daytona 500
08-02-2013, 05:51 PM
I have purchased from both venders. I purchased parts for my Speed 3 from Tork' and the T B, and pulley kit fro Modern. Both companies were very professional to deal with. I went with the modern TB because, like you stated, it is boared all the way through with a larger butterfly. IMHO this will give the most air flow. Tork's will give improved flow over stock, but I dont see how it would outflow the modern piece. I have had no issues what so ever with the Modern T B since I installed it 4 months ago. The price difference is a pretty good amount but the differences are obvious. Larger bore and plate on a new TB -v- a ported used T B that retains the stock plate. So I guess the 2 questions I would ask are 1. Is the difference in price going to make or break the purchase and, 2. Which one do youwant to spend the time installing ?

Hope this helps.

LittleEvil
08-02-2013, 07:54 PM
price really isn't an issue and im def leaning towards the mpx, i honestly would flip **** though if i threw a code lol. Because of the inconvenience it would be to remove it lol, im lazy and hate working on this car, so compact and inconvenient

musicsurf
08-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I've removed mine like three times for various reasons (never the fault of the TB). It's really not that bad once you have done it a couple times. The problematic MPX TB's were all during the same run I believe. If I recall correctly there may have been one that I have read about since. I wouldn't let that affect your decision.

White Abarth
08-02-2013, 10:21 PM
I can only speak for the MPX. The initial outlay may be a little more, but I kind of like knowing that I still have the original stock unit on hand to pop back in if anything were to ever happen or I found myself disposing of the vehicle. In the several months I've had my MPX throttle body, everything has been great and I don't expect it to ever have an issue. But if it did go wonky, I could always pop the original back on and regain full use of the car.

davidjon_99
08-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I can only speak for the MPX. The initial outlay may be a little more, but I kind of like knowing that I still have the original stock unit on hand to pop back in if anything were to ever happen or I found myself disposing of the vehicle. In the several months I've had my MPX throttle body, everything has been great and I don't expect it to ever have an issue. But if it did go wonky, I could always pop the original back on and regain full use of the car.

Same here. I just received my MPx throttle body yesterday. Love having the original in case I ever want to go back.

Abarth Phreak
08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Hands down...go with the MPx...would be my opinion. You really need to look at it clearly:

1) $125 after you return the core for the Tork - Might need to spend the $125 plus bucks to get a new stocker if something goes wrong = $250 plus
2) $175 for the Tork if you keep the stocker which is truly comparative to the MPx deal...but the piece is not quite as good as the MPx (Nothing against the Tork piece intended)
3) $190 MPx - better overall piece and you have your stocker

You are really not saving by going the Tork route and possibly compromising some performance for the +$15.

You will most likely be happy with either piece...unless something happens and your stocker options are limited.