PDA

View Full Version : Motor Trend reviews the Fiat 500L

Robert Nixon
08-02-2013, 08:30 AM
in the new issue of Motor Trend magazine and on line:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1306_2014_fiat_500l_first_drive/

500ways
08-02-2013, 10:22 AM
I read an article in Autoweek last night about the 500L at the barber shop that was positive as well. The Studio near me is moving the L out the door quickly. The Trekkings lasted a few days and were snapped up right away. The Easy is also doing well. The parts manager was telling me that he is getting a lot of call for hitches, bike racks, etc. for the L and he doesn't have anything yet nor an ETA. He thinks Fiat wasn't sure how they were going to sell and are taking their time with the accessories. His suggestion was to get them to market fast as folks are going aftermarket.

So far the only model to date that my LS says has not sold well is the T. They say customers like the idea of more ponies, but not necessarily at the expense of MPGs. The people who do like the extra ponies for the hatch don't like the fact that the engine is mated soley to a sporty trim. Some would like to see the 135 hp engine offered in Pop and Lounge trim too. One guy wanted a base Pop (in his mind the most "pure" looking version) with the 135 ponies. Obviously N/A. He bought a Pop anyway, put in a CAI, swapped the Sport button for Madness' "always on" version and he's satisfied. However, they lost a Lounge cabrio customer who wanted it fully loaded in automatic WITH a 135 hp engine. Oh well, even with all the iterations offered, you can't please all the people all of the time.

Happy Friday peeps!