PDA

View Full Version : White wheel options

jessebeetle
08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi guys,

I picked up my Abarth (white with red) Tuesday and am trying to figure out what my wheel/tire setup is going to be for this car. I bought my car with the stock 16's with all seasons with the idea of selling them and purchasing dedicated summer tire/wheels and winter tire/wheel. I know I want to get a white wheel in 16" or 17", but I have a few concerns if I would buy a wheel other than the factory 17's:

1. It's hard to tell from pics on Tirerack what shade of white the wheel is. I definitely would not be happy with a white wheel that didn't match (or at least was VERY close) to the white of the Abarth. I've seen pics of the white Sparco Assetto Garas on this forum (albeit on a rosso abarth) and they looked like they would be too white / bright to match the white of my Abarth. Any ideas on which wheels actually would be a good match? Enkei Classic Compe in white (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4776704938W&wheelMake=Enkei+Classic&wheelModel=Compe&wheelFinish=White+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Fiat&autoModel=500+Abarth&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=&filterFinish=White&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Price) looks pretty similar, but it's hard to tell from the pics and I don't even know how that design would even look on the car.
2. I don't want to buy a wheel that is much heavier than the stock wheels. Seems counterproductive to me.
3. Price is a factor, so I don't see myself dropping the $1200 on a set of 16" Alleggeritas. I would say ideally looking to spend <$200 / wheel.

Am I setting myself up to fail here with unrealistic expectations? I can keep checking the Classifieds for used 17 factory wheels, but I worry it might take a while to get 2 sets of wheels this way. Also not really sure how much good condition factory wheels are worth used.

Jesse

NGEN
08-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Expect to pay $1000-$1100 for the Hyperblack 17" Stock wheels and about $1200-$1300 for White 17" Stock wheels. Another option would be the Neuspeed White wheels in 17. They are $269 a wheel and Free Shipping. We currently have the red wheels on our Black Abarth and they only weigh 16.5lbs. I am a neuspeed distributor and can get these wheels to you. You would be looking at $1076 for the set.

http://www.neu-f.com/302/0/0/2932/nf880501b-neu-f-rse05-17-wheel.html#popUp[products]/1/

Let me know: admin@ngenfiat.com

I can also get your the Abarth center caps for an additional $80 for the set. Keep us updated on what you decide!

Seafarer61
08-02-2013, 01:47 AM
The shade of white for the Abarth is more of a soft white, which makes nearly every aftermarket white wheel brighter than the stock finish. Aside from the stock white wheel, I can't recall ever seeing a paint-matched combo of white/white but I'm sure something has to be out there.

deathshead
08-02-2013, 08:19 AM
The shade of white for the Abarth is more of a soft white, which makes nearly every aftermarket white wheel brighter than the stock finish. Aside from the stock white wheel, I can't recall ever seeing a paint-matched combo of white/white but I'm sure something has to be out there.

All the Assetto Corse race cars in Italy all have pure white wheels as well that are a little brighter than the body paint.
to me its all part of the correct look. but all comes down to what YOU like! :)

Abarth67
08-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi guys,

I picked up my Abarth (white with red) Tuesday and am trying to figure out what my wheel/tire setup is going to be for this car. I bought my car with the stock 16's with all seasons with the idea of selling them and purchasing dedicated summer tire/wheels and winter tire/wheel. I know I want to get a white wheel in 16" or 17", but I have a few concerns if I would buy a wheel other than the factory 17's:

1. It's hard to tell from pics on Tirerack what shade of white the wheel is. I definitely would not be happy with a white wheel that didn't match (or at least was VERY close) to the white of the Abarth. I've seen pics of the white Sparco Assetto Garas on this forum (albeit on a rosso abarth) and they looked like they would be too white / bright to match the white of my Abarth. Any ideas on which wheels actually would be a good match? Enkei Classic Compe in white (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4776704938W&wheelMake=Enkei+Classic&wheelModel=Compe&wheelFinish=White+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Fiat&autoModel=500+Abarth&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=&filterFinish=White&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Price) looks pretty similar, but it's hard to tell from the pics and I don't even know how that design would even look on the car.
2. I don't want to buy a wheel that is much heavier than the stock wheels. Seems counterproductive to me.
3. Price is a factor, so I don't see myself dropping the $1200 on a set of 16" Alleggeritas. I would say ideally looking to spend <$200 / wheel.

Am I setting myself up to fail here with unrealistic expectations? I can keep checking the Classifieds for used 17 factory wheels, but I worry it might take a while to get 2 sets of wheels this way. Also not really sure how much good condition factory wheels are worth used.

Jesse

I have a perfect set of white Assetto OZ race wheels with Hoosier slicks mounted that I would sell for $1200 plus shipping. Might be a good way to go if you are interested.

Here they are during a very brief mounting to the FIAT Multipla...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/46092_10201411641833657_321635676_n.jpg

jessebeetle
08-02-2013, 08:58 AM

Darn, that is what I was afraid of. I suppose I could find a wheel and have it custom powdercoated to match, but that would probably wind up being quite pricey.

ANYONE WANT TO SELL ME THEIR 17" FACTORY WHITE WHEELS!? :nod:

Andree
08-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Why not have the wheels you have painted?

NGEN
08-02-2013, 09:29 AM
I might have someone here in Houston that has the white wheels she would sell. I'll ask and let you know.

jessebeetle
08-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Why not have the wheels you have painted?

I saw another thread of someone who had their stock 16's painted or powdercoated white and I honestly wasn't a big fan. I don't think the white does the shape of the stock wheels any favors.

Andree
08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
I saw another thread of someone who had their stock 16's painted or powdercoated white and I honestly wasn't a big fan. I don't think the white does the shape of the stock wheels any favors.

Have you considered red wheels?

Hope this giant Google image search link works:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1148&bih=667&q=500+abarth+red+wheels&oq=500+abarth+red+wheels&gs_l=img.3...6194.10747.0.11017.21.11.0.10.4.0.217 .1463.1j9j1.11.0....0...1ac.1.23.img..8.13.1218.S_ 1mtPMqTco

500Madness does them too, to the wheels you have already.

Andree
08-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Photo/post from a VW forum, loving the Abarth in white with red wheels:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5777279-Red-Wheels-Can-I-Pull-This-Off&p=78449924&viewfull=1#post78449924

lagallinavecchia
08-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Darn, that is what I was afraid of. I suppose I could find a wheel and have it custom powdercoated to match, but that would probably wind up being quite pricey.

ANYONE WANT TO SELL ME THEIR 17" FACTORY WHITE WHEELS!? :nod:

gr_grin

Seafarer61
08-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I get a lot of compliments on my red wheels but good lord, are they a bitch to keep clean with these brake pads. I went through a bottle of Sonax in three weeks. When clean though, they look sharp on white.
Here's my car before it got jacked with the vinyl package shown in my sig link. This might help you get an idea of red on white.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/SubMariner61/e8b39a86-a63e-42ce-a2d2-c7c6b709c471_zps930af390.jpg

jessebeetle
09-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I still am leaning toward purchasing 17" stock white wheels. However, red wheels are growing on me too. Any thoughts on the how the color differs between the red Sparco Assetto Gara wheels and the red OZ Alleggerita HLT? It almost looks like the Sparcos are more of a darker, matte red whereas the OZs are more of a lighter, shinier red finish. I'm interested to know which wheel would come closer to the color of the red stripe / mirror cap of the car.