PDA

View Full Version : 2013 ABARTH: To stripe or not stripe?......that is the question

ABARTH TAMER
07-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Originally looking for Grigio w/ black stripe. Thought it lowers the profile of the car.

Got Grigio no stripe:7264

Thoughts, votes?

NGEN
07-31-2013, 02:22 PM
No stripe....

I would "Grigio" it out (similar to Black it out). Lights, handles, rear hatch handle, emblems. I think it would look awesome. Put a drop on it and you will be set.

dylansi
07-31-2013, 02:33 PM
If I could take it back I would go no stripes. So my vote is no

DJ Sueno
07-31-2013, 03:39 PM
I like the OEM color matched body side moldings...

Haring
07-31-2013, 03:53 PM
What about the stripe in gray vs black? Wonder if it would look like the peeps with black cars putting the matte black stripes on them.

sk8ace
07-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Bought mine with no stripes but then later put some on because I think it looks better and got the stripes super cheap.

vote: yes

opiateESP
07-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Stripe free is the way to be.

DJ Sueno
07-31-2013, 04:27 PM
What about the stripe in gray vs black? Wonder if it would look like the peeps with black cars putting the matte black stripes on them.
The stripe that is on the Abarth Tenebra would be the coolest...

http://blog.fiatusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tenebra-hero1.jpg

ewflyer
07-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Since it's a Grigio I don't see the stripe or no-stripe issue as a big deal.

When I was deciding on my 2012 Abarth I was considering all four colors. For the white, red and black I had decided not to get the stripe because any of the possible color choices for the stripe would have been a bit too "boy-racer". But the black stripe on the Grigio color is so subtle it didn't bother my 48 year old sensibilities.

Hubcap57
07-31-2013, 05:37 PM
It is your car! You do not need anyone's blessing to make YOUR car to YOUR taste. The only thing to remember is when it comes time to sell, will most buyers like what you did. That is the way car people think in So Cal.

ABARTH TAMER
07-31-2013, 06:51 PM
It is your car! You do not need anyone's blessing to make YOUR car to YOUR taste. The only thing to remember is when it comes time to sell, will most buyers like what you did. That is the way car people think in So Cal.

True. What do think is best for resale? Not that that is likely.

2Cool
07-31-2013, 06:53 PM
True. What do think is best for resale? Not that that is likely.

For resale? Stock looking stripes.

For you? None or some cool look different than everyone else.

Good news is that vinyl comes off fairly easily if you want to go buck wild.

GetsThruBuckner
07-31-2013, 08:26 PM
I love the black stripes on the Grigio. Bought mine that way. Mostly the Grigio/Nero contrast makes my eyes happy :sentimental:

Saxonite
07-31-2013, 11:42 PM
I think black stripes would look good. It would go with the wheels and would be subtle with the grey paint. Generally I don't like stripes but for certain cars it looks great and the Abarth is one of those cars that look great with stripes.

Tweak
08-01-2013, 12:18 AM

Welcome to the forum.

As to the question at hand... "Yes", because it looks great either way but I like mine WITH the black stripe.

Dwaynek
08-01-2013, 12:19 AM
i personally like a stripe in light gray, just a bit of contrast.

msjulie33
08-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Originally looking for Grigio w/ black stripe. Thought it lowers the profile of the car.

Got Grigio no stripe:7264

Thoughts, votes?

Perfect as is :)

nojeebs
08-01-2013, 10:24 AM
black stripes. Better for resale. Then again my opinion is a mess as I don't think about resale value since I mod my car like a retard.

Onyx13Abarth
08-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I like the no stripe on the grey...very clean.
As NGen suggested, drop her a bit, some T style lights maybe...

Altho that Tenebra looks hot with the grey stripe!

Good luck!

sjmst
08-01-2013, 12:45 PM
i personally like a stripe in light gray, just a bit of contrast.

Agree. The best thing would be to lower the rear end!

ABARTH TAMER
08-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Agree. The best thing would be to lower the rear end!

It would look better, but I'm digging the ride the way it is. So Cal's roads are third world with our state coming out of the depression.

I'm even happy with the power but when I'm not, I'll add one of the tuner boxes and hope to not blow the transmission!

ivmill
08-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Grigio with the black stripes is the way to go. Lowering it makes it look 10 times better too!

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9274-Help-bringing-Fortune-coilovers-to-market&p=617217&viewfull=1#post617217

Seafarer61
08-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Good news is that vinyl comes off fairly easily if you want to go buck wild.

Indeed. :devilish: (see link)

krayzielilsmoki
08-02-2013, 07:59 AM
I make stripes, so far I have made many different types and styles for the Abarth and I got to say I prefer the stripes (Mine is black with red stripes)
Contact me if you are interested, as stated vinyl comes off so its not a lifetime commitment and at the prices I offer you can try many different types ;)
thiswomps352@gmail.com Boris C

hownowcb
08-02-2013, 12:24 PM
From what I've seen of his work on the forums, if you do decide to stripe, Boric C (krazielilsmoki above) is da man!

Personally, I love my stripeless grigio. I have the same combo with the 17" wheels as you do. Those who know don't need the stripes to recognize what my Abarth is, and those who don't know don't need to (like the po-po). I might consider red mirror caps one day, to compliment my red leather interior, but I doubt it. My personality isn't in the least bit stealthy, so I'm thinking it's really a good thing my car's looks are stealthy, for a little bit of balance.

Again, personally, while I like all the four colors, as well as the stripe combinations, I like the more pure "machine-like" appearance of the grigio with the dark wheels. Putting stripes on it would only make it look like a Happy Meal toy. Then again, some people like that. I'm just not one of them.

ABARTH TAMER
08-02-2013, 12:37 PM
From what I've seen of his work on the forums, if you do decide to stripe, Boric C (krazielilsmoki above) is da man!

Personally, I love my stripeless grigio. I have the same combo with the 17" wheels as you do. Those who know don't need the stripes to recognize what my Abarth is, and those who don't know don't need to (like the po-po). I might consider red mirror caps one day, to compliment my red leather interior, but I doubt it. My personality isn't in the least bit stealthy, so I'm thinking it's really a good thing my car's looks are stealthy, for a little bit of balance.

Again, personally, while I like all the four colors, as well as the stripe combinations, I like the more pure "machine-like" appearance of the grigio with the dark wheels. Putting stripes on it would only make it look like a Happy Meal toy. Then again, some people like that. I'm just not one of them.
Got the stripes in the mail yesterday, gonna hold for a while. Maybe if I get the urge for a new car... I'll slap them on.