PDA

View Full Version : New Abarth in Carlsbad, CA

ABARTH TAMER
07-30-2013, 01:43 PM
2013 Abarth
Grigio w/ black cloth interior
17" wheels, conf conv,Beats, Tom Tom

This is our second FIAT in 9 mos, my wife has a 2012 Pop automatic. When we bought hers, while I waited for the paperwork, I took a test drive of an Abarth. The obsession began.

Fast forward to last weekend. I had been looking at used but most were on the east coast. For a couple thousand more I decided to go New. There is some great deals out there at the end of the month with dealers reaching to hit the sales targets to get the kickbacks we never hear about.

I checked inventory at Southern Cal dealers and found close to what I wanted which was a fairly stripped Grigio. Considered 16" wheels with Neuspeed 17" upgrade in mind but decided to keep it simple with the pricey forged Abarth option.

We make the deal and head out to pick up the car. We get there the car was just sold. No problem, they offer another with $650 more equip for the same price. 0% financing for 3 years, sure I'll take that.

My comuter was a 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco. Great car, delivers on the 42mpg, quiet as a Lexus, same top speed as an Abarth.
Big difference in 1.4 Turbo engines. Abarth loves to rev, and I find I leave the window open when I can, to hear that music.

I'm preaching to the choir here... This is the funnest car I have owned in my 57 years.

djhace
08-12-2013, 02:40 PM
way to go. congrats!

i got mine at carlsbaaaaaaaad. :-----)

duster497
08-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Congrats!! I too find myself with the window down and radio off, just to hear that wonderful sound!! I'm at just over 2 weeks with my Abarth-I took a 350 mile backroads mountain day trip this past weekend and realized buying this car was the best decision I've ever made!!

ABARTH TAMER
08-12-2013, 02:50 PM
way to go. congrats!

i got mine at carlsbaaaaaaaad. :-----)

That right. It's rad in Carlsbad! Glad you were able to work with Bob Baker, so far happy with their service on my wif's Pop.

ABARTH TAMER
08-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Congrats!! I too find myself with the window down and radio off, just to hear that wonderful sound!! I'm at just over 2 weeks with my Abarth-I took a 350 mile backroads mountain day trip this past weekend and realized buying this car was the best decision I've ever made!!

Right, we have 2.

People ask what don't you like about the car. It takes a while to come up with something, usually I say turning radius...

duster497
08-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Right, we have 2.

People ask what don't you like about the car. It takes a while to come up with something, usually I say turning radius...

Agree about the turning radius, I also think the sun visors are a joke. That's about all I come up with!

ABARTH TAMER
08-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Agree about the turning radius, I also think the sun visors are a joke. That's about all I come up with!

Sun visors are cheap and lame. Have you tried to get that sticker off? Causes glare and looks bad w/ Black interior.