PDA

View Full Version : 3" turbo back??

NORCAL SS
07-28-2013, 11:54 PM
anyone come out or working on a 3 inch turbo back set up for our cars??

Tweak
07-29-2013, 12:28 AM
anyone come out or working on a 3 inch turbo back set up for our cars??

I am having a custom exhaust installed VERY soon that several members are waiting for and it may be a 3in, I do not know yet the plan but they'll have my car for 24 hours sometime this week if plans continue as intended. I know a large portion of the goal here is to improve airflow but the specific details I won't have for another day or two.

NORCAL SS
07-29-2013, 01:49 AM
all good. I have a axle back already but would love a 3 inch turbo back no cats ill just add another resonator or 2 to quiet it down.

NORCAL SS
07-29-2013, 02:12 AM
i think im just going to weld in my own set up

3 inch downpipe from atp $249
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TP&Product_Code=ATP-FIAT-001&Category_Code=

about 4 of these about 160 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-45-180-Aluminized-Mandrel-Bend-Pipe-Tubing-/140941755300?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20d0c883a4

then flange to weld to exhaust

BigT
07-29-2013, 08:09 AM
If you do roll with the custom setup Norcal snap some pics of the process should be interesting as is most of your build/modifications :)

deathshead
07-29-2013, 08:42 AM
FULL 3" will not fit under the oil pan area unless you drop it down, but this will create clearence issues. You can sneak 2.5" in that spot according to Tork motorsports on the dart which uses the same down-midpipe.

2.5" is probably more than we will need however.

Watch out for Tweaks updates coming soon!, Exhaust Depo is hopefully coming out with some great options very soon.

DS Ocampo
07-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I wrote about this a few times... I did a full 3" last year and the car ran like crap... No pull off the line or during stride... Took it off the next day and ran DP with stock mid and custom axle back... This has been hands down the best way so far ( my thoughts) ...

But if y'all wish to do it have at it... I just know it wasn't worth it... Maybe if we had a bigger turbo yea but this one needs some pressure ...

dylansi
07-29-2013, 09:15 PM
As soon as My ACAT cat gets here I will be doing a custom 2.5" back. I was going to go full 3" but same as said above, and confirmed with the shop, that the 3" will probably fit but will rattle. Also seeing now how loud my car it now with the TMC DP and stock rest of way back there is no way I could live with the loudness for much more time. It is unbelievably loud, the YouTube videos do no justice for it. Extreme rasp + extreme loud makes me :redface: every time I drop the hammer, unless I want to let the Harley rider beside me know mine is louder, hahahaha

Called to see when it will ship and was told August 2nd so hopefully within a week from that I will have it and the 2.5" pipe ran. Will let you know how it sounds and feels then

musicsurf
07-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Are you having the cat welded into the DP? I think I am going to order an ATP dp and ACAT cat and have a shop cut and weld them together. Keep us updated on how yours works out.

As soon as My ACAT cat gets here I will be doing a custom 2.5" back. I was going to go full 3" but same as said above, and confirmed with the shop, that the 3" will probably fit but will rattle. Also seeing now how loud my car it now with the TMC DP and stock rest of way back there is no way I could live with the loudness for much more time. It is unbelievably loud, the YouTube videos do no justice for it. Extreme rasp + extreme loud makes me :redface: every time I drop the hammer, unless I want to let the Harley rider beside me know mine is louder, hahahaha

Called to see when it will ship and was told August 2nd so hopefully within a week from that I will have it and the 2.5" pipe ran. Will let you know how it sounds and feels then

dylansi
07-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Are you having the cat welded into the DP? I think I am going to order an ATP dp and ACAT cat and have a shop cut and weld them together. Keep us updated on how yours works out.

No I am going to have cat welded right after the downpipe. I figure that the o2 sensor will be able to make it that far given how far back it is now on the stock exhaust. I ordered the 2.5" in/out, 11" long, 100 cell with o2 bung. Ordered the cat 1 1/2 weeks ago and it still isn't supposed to ship until the 2nd.

I dont think you will find an ACAT cat shorter than the 11" one i ordered and the radius is 4" also so not sure it will fit in there. I personally wouldn't hack up the DP.