PDA

View Full Version : New Abarth owner in Seattle!

duster497
07-28-2013, 10:35 AM
1 year ago I would have never, ever considered owning a Fiat. 1 month ago I drove the Abarth. Yesterday I threw caution to the wind and traded my practical Pontiac Vibe for a 2013 Abarth in Rosso. No options and the color I wanted least-I don't care. For me it's how the car drives. I'm a huge car nut (and valet cars part time) and no other car has put a smile on my face like the Abarth. I can't wait for road trips now-down the coast, in the mountains, etc. Still in the naming process, going to let that happen 'naturally'. Excited to be a part of the group!!!

Fiat500USA
07-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi duster497, welcome to the forum and congrats on your car! Fiat ownership is all about enjoying life and puting a smile on your face.

Tweak
07-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Andree
07-28-2013, 08:15 PM
I think you'll get better mpg in the Abarth, which makes it more practical. LOL.

I guessed on a 2010 Vibe with 5 speed 1.8 for a fuel comparison (it's the highest mpg of the group):
http://fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=26443&id=33028

All the rest of the engine/transmission combos have lower mpg for the 2010 Vibe.

As you know very well, smaller vehicles are much easier to park. In a city area with limited parking, smaller vehicles are more practical.

If it's just you doing the driving and you don't need to seat 4-5 on a daily basis, the smaller car is again more practical for your needs. Even if the smaller car happens to be a growling Abarth.

Think about it this way: Would you drive a school bus just in case you needed to transport 20 people? You'd say that was silly, and you never would need to transport that many people. So why would you drive any car set up for many more passengers than you usually carry?

You have room in the Abarth for another person, and can seat a total of four in a pinch. That should work for most people who don't have extra passengers on a regular basis.

So, yes, the Abarth is the more practical car.

Robert Nixon
07-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Welcome!

ABARTH TAMER
07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes I'm feeling it too. Turns out it's a decent highway car, not a bad ride and the exhaust settles down to a nice song.

Luv2byte
08-26-2013, 12:39 AM
Which dealer? We had a great (so far) experience w the one in Kirkland. Also, what did your dealer tell you about servicing? Rairdon said they were the only certified shop in puget sound. Looks to be true, there is just one in Portland that appears to be approved for warranty servicing. Odd not all are certified.

duster497
08-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Which dealer? We had a great (so far) experience w the one in Kirkland. Also, what did your dealer tell you about servicing? Rairdon said they were the only certified shop in puget sound. Looks to be true, there is just one in Portland that appears to be approved for warranty servicing. Odd not all are certified.

I shopped all 3 (Kirkland, Tukwila and Tacoma). Kirkland would give me a good deal on a Fiat and $2500 on my trade. Tukwila had a great benefits package for buying there, but the pricing on both the Fiat and my trade were just not in line with the others. Tacoma wound up giving me a great deal on my Abarth AND $5000 for my trade-I couldn't say no to that. As far as service, I have a trim piece that keeps popping off-I emailed my sales guy and he said I can take it to any Fiat dealer. The salesman at Kirkland did say they had an amazing service department, but, I live 10 mins from Tukwila so I don't know where I will go!! I probably will read some reviews and go from there!

JoeB
08-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Welcome! I did the same thing you did 10 days ago: Traded a Chevy HHR SS wagon for an Abarth. I lost my ability to stuff a bike in the back, but gained a few MPG and a lot of fun. I'd save a few more gallons if I could stop taking the long way home! ;-)

deathshead
08-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Welcome! come on down to the Abarth General forums, we are looking for abarth owners in close proximity to Auburn WA for a project.

Luv2byte
08-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Kirkland gave us $4k over kbb for our Aspen, made us think about getting it this year vs next. Ours is still at the dealer, we live in the country & bought a black fiat so we opted to get a couple different protection things done. Our sales person just emailed me an update, so far very happy with Kirkland.